“First Class City Centre Hotel.”

Maldron Hotel Derry
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights in the Tower Hotel at the beginning of March. What a fab location! Central to city shopping, socialising and the many city attractions. We had a fantastic room overlooking the 'Peace Bridge'. The staff were absolutely amazing and were so helpful in everything we asked off. We got a great rate on our room too. I have never stayed overnight in Derry before, but I can assure you we will definitely visit the Tower again - particularly this year - City of Culture! So much entertainment ahead! The whole experience was wonderful and I would definitely recommend a stay at the Tower Hotel. Don't forget to eat in the restaurant - the food is absolutely superior!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Mary G
MaldronHotelDerry, Manager at Maldron Hotel Derry, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2017

Dear Valued Guest ,
Thank you for your fantastic review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you fully enjoyed your stay .
Since you last stayed with us , we have undergone a bedroom refurbishment and we have re branded to Maldron Hotel.

General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,236)

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We spent 2 nights at the Tower Hotel and had dinner on one of the evenings. We wore our coats all through our meal and were sorry we hadn't brought our hats and gloves!!! Very cold in the resturant, bar and hotel lobby. Bed room was comfortable and warm so looked forward to a good night sleep which seemed to be possible, that is untill the hen and stag partys returned about 4 in the morning and ran riot through the place for hours. Don't know where they were drinking because it was not in the Tower, they must have found a WARM bar somewhere else so actually no benefit to Tower at all. Second night which was a sunday was quieter but still very cold so spent no time (or money) in the hotel. Save on heat bills but loose on food an drink because people find a more comfortable place up the road?? not a great buisness policy in my opinion! Was speaking to my sister since who told me she had a very similar experance in Tower a couple of years ago so can't put it down to a one off. Pitty i hadn't spoken to her 1st could have saved my money!! Wouldn't recomend this hotel to anyone (well maybe hens and stags who just want a place to go after the pub up the road closes) On a positive note staff were lovely and it is a very central location so hotel has a lot of potential but needs a serious rethink..

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MaudieEire

Dear Valued Guest,
I appreciate you taking the time to post your review.
On behalf of the entire team , I would like to sincerely apologise that you found us lacking on this occasion , I can assure you it was not our intention to disappoint .
We do hope you will consider giving us an opportunity to restore your faith in us ,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had a brilliant time at the tower hotel on one of their weekend warmer deals excellent value for money! It included a meal which was lovely we couldn't fault it, the service from the staff team at the tower was superb. The hotel is very central to all the attractions, restaurants and bars of this great city, we will return again soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and avoid rooms near the lift as you may experience some noise
1  Thank Harbourlady

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We booked under deal including breakfast and dinner.This was my 2nd stay @ Tower Hotel and would definitely stay again. Perfect Location to everywhere. My sister upgraded us to the Elenor suite as a surprise and it was fabulous, perfect for our anniversary. The suite was spotless and the towels were in shape of swans on bed. Beautiful views especially at night. The reception staff wished us a happy anniversary on arrival, were very polite and efficient and our room was ready early. The food was beautiful, good choice for breakfast and dinner. The waitress at dinner (Colleen if i remember correct) was lovely. She was very chatty and polite and advised us on the night life which was brilliant. Would def recommend Tower Hotel to anybody.

2  Thank Shauna S

Reviewed February 19, 2013

we spent 2 nights at the tower hotel, great location, rooms were lovely loads of space, the staff were so so nice and the food was yummy... the bar at the hotel did my fav cocktails, strawberry daiquiris which was even better Mmmm :) we would defo Recommend this hotel to anyone looking somewhere to stay... we have told my sister about this and she has booked for March time, look forward to going back, so get booking people :))

1  Thank Alison H

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We spent the weekend in the tower hotel, my boyfriend got us the valentines package - was great value, rooms were lovely and food was amazing! 5 course meal, breakfast and champagne and strawberries in the room! :) Great hotel, very central and friendly staff

1  Thank rac m

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Hi, i am writing about my visit to the tower hotel on the 15th on feb. All the staff did an amazing job on their service. I went with my boyfriend and it has been the best place we have ate out of for a long time. Not just because the food was amazing but because of the amazing people you have as staff. I have never felt so comfortable and treated with respect as i did on that night. I used to work in a busy restaurant and i know you can be under a lot of pressure but i feel your staff did and excellent job with service and choice of cocktails. I did make an minor complaint because of the steak being a little undercooked for me, but i know some restaurants are different from each other on how to cook their steak. Im the type of person who hates complaining but your staff made it so easy and i will defiantly be recommend this restaurant to everyone i know!!People like this should be appreciated for their services.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple