I stayed here for a conference, which was also being held in the hotel. There were so many issues with this hotel that it would simply take too long to detail them here. A few problems include:
* unauthorised charging of a debit card;
* misleading information regarding times of bar food;
* extremely poor standard breakfast, and poor quality food in general;
* basic rooms, I would class as 3-star at the most;
* poor conference facilities;
* some very poorly trained staff.
I have contacted the hotel directly and the response was a standard issue apology, with a promise my comments would be taken on board. I get the feeling that nothing will change here. It is clearly a popular hotel, though I cannot understand why, apart perhaps from the excellent location. I would recommend staying somehere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary hotel located on the bend of River Foyle, 200 yards from Guildhall - Many rooms overlook these points of interest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your City Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Hotel Derry, Northern Ireland