“Would recommend!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Would recommend!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed 1 night while daughter attended interview at Magee Uni. From minute we arrived until leaving all members of staff were lovely, especially Laura on reception who could not have been more helpful or pleasant. Room was very clean & tidy & also good size, my daughter made use of the large office desk area to prepare for her interview. Also had a lovely view over the river looking onto the Peace Bridge, very central location within few minutes walk of Guild Hall/City Walls etc. Was lucky enough to get parked in the hotel carpark, but there is plenty of carparking beside hotel if your not able to. Would definitely stay again, and would recommend to friends and family. Wish we were staying for more than 1 night!

Room Tip: Request a 'river view'
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
CityHotelDerry, Guest Relations Manager at City Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Nic0lamcc
Thank you for your review, we are delighted the staff and hotel impressed. We hope your daughters interview went well so that you may have occassion to stay with us again.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
  • Polish first
northern ireland
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed just one night in this hotel on the 13th March It was my friends birthday and we decided to do some shopping and sightseeing in Londonderry and we picked this hotel for location and also reviews on trip adviser we weren't disappointed from the moment we arrived we felt at ease, Claire on the front desk was great very friendly and gave us advice on where to go and where to eat(I know its her job) but there is a way of doing it.We arrived early and our room wasn't ready so we sat in the very comphy bar area and relaxed over a glass of wine.After shopping we returned to the hotel and went to our room on the sixth floor which was a free upgrade to a superior room overlooking the peace bridge,also we were given free juice,biscuits,water and tea coffee.With a morning paper.Propped against the tv was a beautiful birthday card from the hotel to my friend which was a lovely touch as the hotel had a special meal deal we decided to eat at the hotel two courses each and a bottle of wine for £35.00 It was really very good.I had steak and the trimmings my friend had thai green curry and we both loved it.The waiting staff were excellent and mannerly.As the meal was so big we opted out of a pudding and as we finished our wine a member of the staff brought my friend a large plate with happy birthday written in chocolate and a mixture of mini sweets.Really lovely.We stayed in room 617 with a great view and a relaxing quiet room,breakfast was excellent everything you would want staff again very nice.This hotel made our trip to Londonderry a real treat from the moment we arrived at the front desk until we went home we had a big smile on our faces and we can't wait to return.Thankyou very much to everyone at the City hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 617 it had a fabulous view .
1 Thank topbox
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and the little things we did were able to help make the occassion special. We appreciate you taking the time to comment, we hope to see you again.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We just had drinks and then dinner in the City Hotel. The location is very good, just near the Guild Hall and other tourist sights.
The bar was buzzing on a Thursday evening and the staff were very friendly.
At dinner the staff advised us of the special offer of dinner for two with a bottle of wine for £35, as we had planned on just two courses, but opted for the offer. It was very good, but did not manage to finish either the wine or the main course as the helping was very generous - had the lamb, which was very tasty, with a Caesar salad as starter.
There is a free 'phone that you can ring for a taxi, which we did after the meal.
I would try to stay here on my next visit to Derry/Londonderry as the location is so good.

1 Thank Margo37
Dear Margo37
Thank you for your review, we are delighted you enjoyed your meal and hope you may return to stay with us again some time.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Such a Beautiful hotel, very friendly staff, gorgeous views from the rooms. Will definitely be back! Rooms were also very fairly priced. Great location in Derry for walking about and checking out all the hot spots.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank LasAine
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you taking the time to comment, we hope to see you again.

Magherafelt, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I had a lovely stay at this hotel. Great double room with view of the peace bridge. fantastic friendly service at a great price. Great facilities in a very central location. Entertainment at hotel was also very good. I will definitely book this hotel again

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Benheron
Dear Benheron
Thank you for your review, and for the lovely review of our staff and the lovely view, we hope to see you again quite soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed at city hotel with my husband in mid- February and had a great two days in the city. From arrival at the hotel the door staff were looking after us from advising us on parking to taking our luggage. Our room was well located with an excellent view over the peace bridge and river. Breakfast next morning was good and waiting staff were very efficient . The lovely events manager - Grainne showed us round the next morning and advised on the city walls walking tour, which is a must do activity whilst in Derry. I had stayed in the city hotel before whilst on business and always enjoy the stay. It was good to return on a recreational stay. Thanks to all the management & staff who set high standards and exceed them at city hotel. See you during jazz weekend!

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Denise F
Thank you for your review, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay especially the breakfast and our staff, we look forward to seeing you again during the Jazz festival.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I recently stayed at the City hotel, due to business commitments in the city. When I arrived at the hotel I was quickly checked in to my room by efficient and pleasant staff. After a very long day I was delighted to get to a very comfortable room and on ordering room service it arrived very promptly. The food was delicious and reasonably priced in terms of quality and quantity. After a very good night's sleep I went for breakfast early. On being greeted by the staff member, I was very impressed that he noticed I was carrying work files. He immediately directed me to a larger table (even though I was alone) away from other guests already seated. He explained that it would allow me some room and peace to work. I was very taken with his observation and thoughtfulness, which was matched by other staff members throughout the morning. I remained in the dining room several hours during which time the coffee pot was never allowed to get cold or empty!

I will definitely be returning to the hotel and would highly recommend to business users, tourists and families alike.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Leanne K
Thank you for your review, we are pleased you had an enjoyable business trip, it was myself that showed you to your table for breakfast and I thank you for the kind words, any staff menber would have done the same. We really appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again soon.