City Hotel
$113
Waterfoot Hotel(Derry)(Great Value!)
$105
$95
Rose Park House Bed and Breakfast(Derry)(Great Value!)
$82
$80
$91
Groarty House & Manor B&B(Derry)(Great Value!)
$68
$78
$64
PremierInn.com
2,201 results
All reviewspeace bridgeseventh floorriver viewcar parktrouser pressguild hallsuperior roomleisure facilitiessteam roomcentral locationexcellent hotelcourse mealsaturday nightreception staffboth nightsjazz festivalweekend break
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for one night. Staff very helpful, dinner and breakfast delicious. Hotel room large and clean. Only problem is some of the other guests in hotel. Woken at 3.20am by banging doors, screeching by a woman and a heated argument then laughter. Immediately phoned reception who arrived at their door, the woman then proceeded to move to three more rooms, yelling all the while. It took 2 hours for the hotel to sort out this problem.
When spoke to the reception staff when checking out they had no record of an issue, which is disappointing.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
CityHotelDerry, Guest Services Manager at City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Dear Katrena M,

Thank you for your recent review, I was pleased to hear your comments;” Staff very helpful, dinner and breakfast delicious. Hotel room large and clean”
I was also disappointed to hear that another guest may have tainted your sleep quality and can assure you this is an isolated incident; I am pleased to hear you were able to call reception for an immediate response, I hope this guest hasn’t soured your visit to the city and hope you will stay with us again in future.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

This hotel has modern, well equipped and beautifully decorated rooms. Had my decision being based on the room and quality of th nights sleep - I would definitely have recommended the hotel and stayed again in future.

Unfortunately the hotel management seem to have decided that they prefer the organised coach traveller ahead of individual business customers.

I waited 29 minutes before I was allowed to use an elevator to take myself and my luggage down to reception whilst the staff filled every available elevator with the luggage from the coach tour residents.

I don't appreciate being prioritised below other peoples luggage; an issue which I raised with management. Although I did get a response from the management it didn't suggest they would review or change their policy.

It's a shame as they have lost my regular custom and that of my friends and coworkers that ask for my advise.

In my opinion: If the facilities matter most to you, then you'll really like his hotel. If service is important then travel as a group and you'll be Ok.

Stayed: July 2011

Dear Russell S
Thank you for your recent post regarding a stay with us in July of last year,
We were pleased to hear your comments, “hotel has modern, well equipped and beautifully decorated rooms “and “decision being based on the room and quality of the nights sleep - I would definitely have recommended the hotel and stayed again in future”.
I was disappointed to hear of your experience with our elevator, I can assure you we aim to treat all our guests equally with the same high level of customer service, I do however appreciate your comments and can assure all guests there is always an elevator or two free, even at the busiest of times

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Very enjoyable night spent in City Hotel celebrating my daughter's Pramerica Spirit of Community gala dinner. The company very kindly paid for our accommodation, meals and drinks.
The hotel put on a fantastic gala dinner. Our room looked over the Foyle river and Peace Bridge. Very well located and worth a visit. This was my second time at this hotel and I will definitely return- hopefully next year for the City of Culture.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
CityHotelDerry, Guest Services Manager at City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2012

Dear Siobhan2010,

It is great to hear you had a very enjoyable night spent in City Hotel,
we are proud to host this prestigious event, “The Pramerica Spirit of Community Awards”, congratulations to your daughter and indeed all those involved, we thank you for your comments on what was “a fantastic gala dinner”.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

nice hotel - handy to all the city areas - lovely view over the River Foyle - hotel has a very nice pool and sauna -
restaurant serves very very nice food although there is lots of very nice local restaurants to try out
great for a weekend break and a good base for touring Donegal
we have a trip here about 6 times a year and each time is as good as the last

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a room with a river view
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
CityHotelDerry, Guest Services Manager at City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Dear lyndabraidenmoore,

Thank you for recent post, “great wee place to stay”; we are pleased to hear guests enjoying our in-house pool & sauna and lovely food, or indeed using it as a base to tour Donegal, thank you for your loyal custom and we hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Had a lovely time at the City Hotel Derry, ate in the hotel both nights and food was lovely. Hotel is very central didn't have to use the car at all on Saturday, the car park full sign was up when we arrived but i asked and there were a few spaces so we were lucky enough to get parked in it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear 07aka,

We are pleased to hear you had a lovely time at the City Hotel finding the location so convenient and enjoyed the lovely food; we appreciate you taking the time to post some kind words