“The best hotel experience Ever!!”
Review of City Hotel

City Hotel
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Derry
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed December 25, 2007

My wife and I stayed in the City Hotel after I looked at the reviews from TripAdvisor. The BEST decision on a hotel I've ever made. We stayed here with my newborn for 3 nights in mid-December to discover Northern Ireland. The staff was very helpful, allowed us a late checkout, early checkin, and recommended the best massage, hair place right up the road. The location couldn't of been better as there is a Tesco a block away and many many pubs.

During this stay we also had the hotel staff babysit. The girl who watched our son was awesome and only charged £7 an hour, so quite the deal when it came to £21 for the evening.

Although this is a star hotel, I would classify it as a 5 star compared to other hotels I've stayed at in the UK. The pool facility and rooms were extremely clean. The only thing I would recommend is to get a king size bed if you are sleeping more than one. The bed was a bit small for 2, but very comfy.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me before you travel to the City Inn as I would be honoured to pass along some honest information on this wonderful place.
angusboy02@yahoo.com

Stayed: December 2007
4  Thank angusboy02
CityHotelDerry, Guest Relations Manager at City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2016

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, and for your kind words, we are proud to be of service, thank you for taking the time to review, we hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for City Hotel

Reviewed November 27, 2007

We stayed here for one night as part of a CIE Tour. The location of this hotel is excellent; close to everything, which is a big part of the high rating. The room was an OK+, the food good (we had dinner and breakfast there) and the staff extremely helpful. I had fallen at the Giant's Causeway earlier in the day on a loose rock and cut my hand, which appeared to require stitches. The hotel staff were really good about helping me get this taken care of, which was greatly appreciated. My wife and I got to see parts of Derry (the emergency room at the hospital) that few tourists do. Incidentally, I was treated promptly at the hospital by very skilled people, got my 4 stitches and was back to the hotel within 2 hours....pretty good service, I'd say.

Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank mwdoug
CityHotelDerry, Guest Relations Manager at City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2016

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, we appreciate all your comments and hope to earn a 5 star review for your next visit, thank you for taking the time to review, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2007

I work away from home a lot and staying in different hotels is something i am very used to. However, i have never felt more at home than at the City hotel Derry. The staff have made my 10 week stay more than pleasurable. Everyone is very friendly and always available to help. Whatever the time of day, night, or morning. The facilities, gym, pool, sauna etc are a great asset to the hotel also. Dining in the restaurant and bar is always a pleasure, however there are many other restaurants close by. The location is perfect. I have been lucky enough to have had a room with a view over the foyle river and over the city its self. The hotel is in prime location for local historic attractions and only an hours drive from the giants causeway etc. If, when i come back to derry, which im sure i will, i will certainly be booking myself into the City Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank MR_Jones_Swansea

Reviewed November 7, 2007

we had the most fabulous stay here. We were there for halloween 2007. The staff was amazing and the room was great too!! we even used the pool/spa facilities which were so nice! I would definitely stay there again and recommend it. The breakfast included with our room rate was awesome too.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lindz6

Reviewed November 7, 2007

I stayed in the hotel for 1 night on 4th November with a group of friends and I have to say it was fantastic. The hotel staff were very welcoming from the very beginning. Irons and ironing boards were delivered on request! We did not eat in the hotel but availed of the residents bar after visiting the local pubs and clubs. The bar staff and manager were very friendly and nothing was a problem to them. It was a very relaxed atmosphere and the hotel itself is beautiful. Very modern and of a high standard. We stayed in a triple room which actually had 2 double beds. The room was very big and spotless.I really could not fault this hotel in any way.

The hotel is located in walking distance to everywhere.

• Stayed: November 2007
2  Thank ShauneenBelfast

Reviewed November 5, 2007

Just returned from a weekend break in the City Hotel with my wife. To be honest after reading the negative reveiws I was worried having already booked over the internet. I suppose everyone is entilited to thier veiws and some have an axe to grind in relation to thier stay, however both my wife and I found the hotel to be excellent, location was central, room was good, service was good aswell as the food. The pool, steam room etc not to be missed, I am a frequent leasure traveler throughout Ireland and with the ever increasing price of a pint and a meal in the South, I can highly recommend Derry and the City Hotel for a better value weekend break as opposed to Dublin etc.

Stayed: November 2007
3  Thank Hotel_Sampler

Reviewed November 2, 2007

stayed in this hotel for two nights over Halloween. The hotel was buzzing when I arrived but I was able to have an exceelent buffet meal and watch the fireworks at the same time.The starters were very good ,tomato and beetroot soup, a delicious caesar salad, jumbo prawns,and lots more .The main coure was choice of turkey ham and beef -with all the trimmings very trad . but wholesome and tasty huge portions.The desserts were fantastic homemade apple crumble individual banoffee and lemon meringue pies were amongst the best of a very good bunch-service very good also.The halloween ball was very well suppoted with a great band the Mindbenders and supporting disco .What made it for me was the very high standard and originality of the costumes (this is de rigeur for the whole city ).Breakfast was also very good-nothing out of the ordinary and I venture to say that the coooks could be a bit more adventurous here althouh everything was hot fresh and well cooked.The staff again excellent and my request for soya milk was swiftly met.Rooms were spacios clean warm and well equipped sound proofed.Good facilities but i think wi fi should be free these days.A good offer was availlble-24 hr internet and unlimited movies for £15 .Good shower .Very friendly staff obviously well managed. Finally the location on the river front and central to all city centre facilities was great.I would definitey go back.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family