“Just perfect!”

The Bentley Bar
Ranked #20 of 191 Restaurants in Derry
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Bentley Bar is situated on Market Street in the heart of the City. For one of the best pub food experiences in Northern Ireland The Bentley Bar commits itself to good food and customer service.With live music every night of the week and only a 30 second walk from the Millenium Forum The Bentley Bar is the perfect place for your pre-theatre drinks. Visit us and take take advantage of our pre-theatre drink promotions.As well as our award winning pub grub we now offer evening meals in our all new restaurant the bentley steakhouse. So if you missed our lunchtime specials, call in and try some high quality restaurant food and extensive cocktail menu.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Fantastic atmosphere - very relaxed and cosy.
Starters: Smoked chicken Caesar salad was amazing. Ingredients really fresh. If you've never tried smoked chicken before, you have to try it here! We also had the chicken wings. They were superb - So tender and, surprisingly, really meaty. Marinate was rich and very moreish. We couldn’t get enough of them.
Mains: We ordered the steak and salmon. Steak was cooked exactly how I asked and was delicious. Salmon was perfect too – not overdone. We had garlic potatoes which were crispy and not over the top garlicky.
Service: Really friendly girl looked after us all evening. Big smiles and friendly banter. Obviously enjoys working there which is always a good thing. Had a fantastic evening at the Bentley Steakhouse and will be returning next time I’m in Derry.

Dan M, General Manager at The Bentley Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit GavM. Look forward to seeing you again

There are newer reviews for The Bentley Bar

Reviewed January 31, 2013

great staff, food and atmosphere......had a ball, everyone very friendly....menu choices are great something for everyone..........x

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Well why can I say the meal was terrible starter burnt, steak tasted like something from tesco reduced isle very tough ( although cooked perfectly rare to my liking)
But the service and general atmosphere made up for a good night although a little hungry, I may give them a second chance

1  Thank mightyeater

Hopefully you do give us another chance mightyeater. It says alot that you still enjoyed your night with us. The general consensus on our food has been that it is of a very high standard so I am surprised to hear you had so many issues. We would love it if you gave us another shot :)

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Family took me out for my birthday and booked a table for eight. After a two hour wait and two bottles of wine we were finally served at ten o 'clock. Ruined the whole evening. Music far too loud, suitable for young people but not at my age. Such a pity as its a great setting.

So sorry to hear that your birthday was ruined, I can not defend a wait of two hours and not knowing the specifics of your visit wouldnt even try.The only reason i could possibly give is an unanticipated delay in moving tables on. We have had difficulty in working out length of stay per table and that is something that is being worked on. I would love it if you would give us another chance.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

After the word around town that this place was amazing I was disappointed, although, I do not eat steaks so maybe they are what makes it amazing. I give it 2 goes once for lunch once for dinner both times the food was average. I got the herb and parmesan chicken for dinner, it was very dry and the sauce didnt work at all. Lunch was chicken and ham pie which was nice. Deserts are not appealing at all,Price was fine, atmosphere was good, staff lovely. Wouldnt rush out to it each weekend.