My partner and I stayed here for one night in August 2013 whilst visiting Londonderry/Derry. After reading reviews online, I had high expectations for Elagh View, was thinking something special - unfortunately it did not deliver. Don't get me wrong, the B & B is nice, and the owners are lovely, but it is nothing more than average, and fails on some basic elements.
1. Owners - very welcoming and pleasant.
2. Location - great for us out in the rural countryside, near Donegal border (via Buncranna road - 5 mins and you are into Southern Ireland) - not good without a car.
3. Views - from breakfast room, stunning countryside.
4. Parking on-site, included
1. Cleanliness - the kitchen was awful, dirty pots everywhere, old toast pieces left out, dog/cats roaming in and out of house, around guest areas.
2. No tea/coffee/kettle in room.
3. We booked a double with ensuite, but got a double with separate/shared bathroom (we didn't mind, but shows disorganisation).
4. No toiletries.
5. Small towels (1 per person).
6. TV didn't work in our room.
7. No wardrobe in room.
8. Bed/mattress uncomfortable (springs)
9. Breakfast - no fresh coffee (cheap instant stuff, but there was lots of tea),, irish breakfast (cooked) was quite dry/bland, but fruit salad and cornflakes nice.
10. CASH IS NOT ACCEPTED AS A METHOD OF PAYMENT - just so you know.
All in all, it's OK as a B&B, but I wouldn't stay here again out of choice, and would recommend looking elsewhere if you want something special/different/luxury, or just good value for money. For what it is, this place is slightly over-priced (65 ish per room).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are visiting the North West of Ireland or just planning a relaxing break away to the countryside and you are looking for the finest luxury accommodation that is value for money, then quite simply you will not find somewhere better than Elagh View Bed & Breakfast, it ticks all the boxes: Beautiful picturesque location yet very central Elagh View is uniquely situated in the suburbs of the City of Derry-Londonderry in Northern Ireland. The Bed & Breakfast is surrounded by stunning countryside overlooking the mountains of Co Donegal yet only 15 minutes from the City centre, 15 minutes from Derry City Airport, 20 minutes from Blue Flag Beaches in Innishowen Co Donegal and 60 minutes from Belfast International Airport, making it the perfect location for exploring Northern Ireland, the City of Derry-Londonderry and Co Donegal. Premium luxury accommodation Having been newly renovated in 2011, Elagh View Bed & Breakfast would rival any luxury hotel. Each en suite room has been finished to a high standard complete with a power shower, flat screen TV, hair dryer and work station with WiFi internet access. Guests also have exclusive access to the large visitor's room, where you can sit back & fully enjoy the beautiful peaceful Countryside. 5 Star Service Elagh View Bed & Breakfast is owned and operated by Mary & Jimmy Foster, from whom you are promised a very warm welcome. Their aim is very simple; to provide the very best luxury affordable accommodation and customer service in Ireland, to ensure each and every guest has a trip they will always remember for all the right reasons. Local activities at discounted rates If you fancy a more active activity, we recommend walking, fishing, Golfing or horse riding, all within 10 minutes from Elagh View Bed & Breakfast. We can provide maps with suggested walks through the hills of Co Donegal at varying lengths. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Elagh View bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elagh View Bed & Breakfast Derry, Northern Ireland