“Great stay!”

Elagh View bed & Breakfast
Ranked #19 of 44 Derry B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Mary & Jimmy are great hosts who are warm and welcoming. Despite our late night arrival (Driving in Ireland included a big learning curve for us!!), they were happy to see us and very welcoming. The property is nicely maintained and our room & bathroom were spotless. We really enjoyed the beautiful views of the surrounding area and the peaceful atmosphere. We wish we had taken more time in this area to explore, but we were mainly just passing through. Mary's breakfast was fantastic and tailored to our tastes (she is happy to make a "full Irish" breakfast, or will leave off items if you aren't interested in them). Mary & Jimmy were very helpful in telling us about interesting places to see in the vicinity, plus helped us understand the historical conflict surrounding the city. We really enjoyed our time at Elagh View B&B and would recommend it to anyone who is needing accommodations in the Derry/Londonderry area. A side note to those of you who like to see lots of reviews on Trip Advisor--this has only been a B&B for a year or less, so that accounts for why there aren't a ton of reviews yet--it's a great place to stay. Thanks to Mary & Jimmy!!

Room Tip: We were in the "cream room", which is fairly small but a very clean & comfortable doub...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Elagh View bed & Breakfast

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Great hospitality in a cosy house with great view on the nearby countryside, located only 15 min drive from Derry 'old town'. Very kind hosts and delicious Irish traditional breakfast. I would suggest this B&B to anyone travelling by car and looking for a comfortable accommodation in the countryside.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is probably the best guest-house that my wife and I have ever stayed in, everything was absolutely first class. Pristine, immaculately furnished and with owners who looked after their guests in every way. This even included the search for an errant jogger who headed over the border through a failure to follow directions properly.

Coupled with stunning views one cannot possibly ask for more.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally good.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Having stayed in Elagh View , it was all that is promised. Mary and Jimmys hospitality is second to none, accomadation is of a very high standard and rooms are well equiped with all requirements.The large visitors room has stunning views and you can relax and enjoy with a cuppa.Beakfast is 5 star and as i am a veggie my needs were met and my husband enjoys a full irish breakfast (portions are very generous). I would be happy to recommend this B&B for all that is promises service , location, and price.
p. s. Alicia provided an excellent service in a friendly and warm enviorment.My treatment enhanced my stay in Elagh View.

WHEN GOING TO DERRY ELAGH VIEW IS THE PLACE TO STAY.
TRIONA AND ALAN DUBLIN

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Had a great stay at Elagh View B&B recently. Mary and Jimmy could not have been nicer and more welcoming. I arrived late but was welcomed and made feel at home. Mary helped me out with local directions and contacts for starting my new job, and really made me feel at home.

The area is peaceful and quiet with views of the countryside, but it is still so close to the city and local amenities by car. The perfect combination of countryside and city. The rooms and facilities are exceptional and such good value. Am already recommending the B&B to my parents when they come visit, as I know they will be well looked after.

Room Tip: Had a great stay at Elagh View B&B recently. Mary and Jimmy could not have been nicer and more w...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed here on Saturday 16th June, firstly the B&B had lovely views. Secondly the rooms were superb, all beautifully refurbished and the beds were comfortable to sleep in. The Irish breakfast was fantastic and a great start to the day. Mary and Jimmy the owners were a lovely couple and always happy to accommodate. I would definitely recommend this to our friends and family and we hope to be back again in the near future.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Probably this is the best B&B I ever stayed. For holiday in Derry, I wont' even think about other places. The bed room are amazing and brilliant breakfast with kindest people. Also, I enjoyed the environment and atmosphere there.

I wish I could stay longer if I have enough time. Furthermore, the owner offered me many important local tourism information. However, the facility was great and people was so warm.

Finally, they speaking with a very clear and lovely local accent. I love it ^^

Room Tip: There not many rooms there, so, don't worry about it. However, I think you will need to figure a...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo