“Impressed”

City Sightseeing Derry - Tour
Ranked #7 of 20 Tours in Derry
More attraction details
Owner description: City Sightseeing Derry (Top Tours) provide the only City wide open top bus tour of the City of Derry-Londonderry that you cannot experience on foot. A comprehensive live commentary from a professionally trained guide, we have brought together the best local guides to guarantee that you thoroughly enjoy your tour. The tour runs every hour on the hour from 10am to 4pm, seven days a week and last approx 50 mins leaving from the Tourist Information centre. We also offer daily bus tours to the world famous Giant's Causeway, including Bushmills Distillery, Dunluce Castle and of course Carrick a Rede Rope bridge. A great Tour and Great Value!!
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Recently (July 2013) my wife,son, and I took the hop on hop off bus tour of Derry. We were absolutely delighted and impressed with the tour.
The driver, and the comments man were both excellent. The commentary was informative, balanced, and laced with some of the "tongue in cheek" Irish-ness that we as Kiwis respond and relate to and love.
The "Bloody Sunday" part of the tour was presented in a factual non-biased way, and we found it not only historically interesting, but very moving and sobering. We were all so impressed with the folk in Northern Ireland, and are full of admiration for the way the troubles have been overcome and dealt with. Not forgotten, but overcome.
I would highly recommend this bus tour to any travelers that visit Northern Ireland.
Many thanks again to the staff involved.

Clive B

in 15 reviews
"visitors"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

This was my 1st time in Derry & I was looking forward to finding out about the history of the city, it's walls & it's people. I chose the walking tour & I have to say it was a pleasure & excellent value for money. Our guide, Ruairi, was a wealth of knowledge about the city & Irish history in general & was also a really nice guy who left no question unanswered & had great craic throughout the tour. I would actually be happy to do the tour again if I return with other friends & I'll definitely do the open-top bus tour too.

1  Thank Jose F
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Im from Derry and had some friends over from Liverpool and so thought we would do a walking tour of the walls. I have to say I really enjoyed it and would recommend anyone visiting the maiden city to give it a go and even my fellow Derry heads honestly its a lovely family activity. Its only an extra £2.50 for the bus tour on top sure you couldn't 'beat that with a big stick' :-). Our tour guide Ruairi was lovely, entertaining and he certainly knows his history and is clearly passionate about the city and the culture. He answered all questions in depth and I learned a lot about my home town. Well done to city sightseeing Derry!!!!

1  Thank R2323
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I'd heard a lot about the Derry City sightseeing tour and decided to give it a shot. It did not disappoint. The tour of the city's fabulous historic walls was impressive in itself, but the knowledge of the tour operators and their ability to answer questions promptly, with detailed, vivid information, brought the entire story and history to life. The bus tour of the city was fantastic and at a superb price. We even got some amazing sunshine and I think that was the work of the tour operator also - not sure how they did that. I would highly recommend and will recommend this city and tour to my friends when they go visit. I've already got 2 friends interested in making the trip and joining the tour.

1  Thank Patrickdoire