“Hostile, unwelcoming and aggressive staff left us feeling abused and insulted.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nerve Centre

Ards
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

What a pity, given the good work and exciting projects run by the Nerve Centre that common civility is lacking and hostile aggression openly on display by your receptionist towards myself and my girlfriend this afternoon.

Having decided to spend some time in Derry as tourists from Belfast, we were curious on passing, to see what sort of a venue the Nerve Centre was. I am a lover of foreign film and regularly attend the QFT in Belfast, so I was particularly interested in the programme you run.

Having taken some leaflets for information, I used the toilet behind reception. My girlfriend did likewise and as we made to leave we were confronted by a female member of staff who bellowed "Did you enjoy using the toilets".

Not sure what to make of this being somewhat taken aback I replied "Yes they were fine thank-you." She continued in an aggressive hostile fashion "well I suppose you'd like me to clean up after you then." and "you've come in here pretending to read the leaflets" as if we were some drunks off the street.

I informed her that I'd heard Derry was a friendly place for tourists to come to but perhaps I'd been misinformed and that my comments would sadly have to take her behaviour into account on Trip-advisor.

I found this highly offensive insinuating we would have deliberately made some mess or other, not to mention patronising and lacking in any basic customer service.

This is in striking contrast to the 'Oh Yeah' centre in Belfast where all are made welcome and greeted with friendliness.

Given Derry's forthcoming status as "City of Culture" this does not augur well and I am unable to recommend your centre to my contacts in the Arts industry.

4 Thank TheMayorofNantes

County Londonderry, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“great for indie bands just ok for fans.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

gets some top talent on stage, facilitys could be better. Bigger Bar more seatin.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Davytin
A TripAdvisor Member
“THe nerve Centre rocks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2004

The nerve Centre is probably the best thing ever to happen in Londonderry, the rock bands that go there are awsome!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“Gigging in Derry!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2002

I have had the pleasure of seeing some of my all time favourite bands perform in the Nerve Centre and i have to say that it was an unrivalled venue for live music. Staff are pleasant, helpful without being pushy and the venue itself is well laid out, clean and tastefully decorated. Adjacent to the main performance area there is a good bar, although on busier nights getting served can take quite a while. but the real beauty of the nerve centre, for any true music enthusiast is the performance area itself. clearly designed for the purpose of live music alone, this intimate hall has wonderful acoustics and best of all is fully air conditioned (two factors that any concert goer will see as worth their weight in gold as most venues in northern ireland are full of echoes and, to be blunt, hot and sweaty moshing boys!!).
The Nerve Centre truly is a new kind of music experience, and despite its relative infancy it's already a favourite venue for patrons and artists alike. if you get the oppertunity, I thoroughly advise you to check it out.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member