“A place of great memories”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
University of Ulster, Magee College
Ranked #53 of 136 things to do in Derry
Northern Ireland
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“A place of great memories”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Having worked and studied at Magee College in the late sixties, it still thrills my heart to go back and see this wonderful University site (although I was appalled to see they had covered up all the lovely tiles in the magnificent hallway - and removed all the historical pictures)
The modern buildings, necessary as they are, detract from the historial building.

Visited February 2012

Derry, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great University, a real gem.”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I chose this university for my Psychology degree, I am very happy with my choice, as its in a great location, its small enough to not get lost or feel swamped but big enough to free yourself and meet lots of new people. Theres different events on the Students union, Freshers & RAG week are both filled with themed nights, mystery tours and quizzes...
In terms of education, the course i chose takes a very mathematalical and scienctific approach which will be better when i try to find a job, although i would have preffered more theory and 'actual' psychology... its not what i imagined... I thought we would be learning about body language and lying etc but there was a lot of maths and research...
Overall it was brilliant, definatly reccomend going!

Visited January 2012
2 Thank RoxyRibbons
Newry, United Kingdom
“Seminar and wonderful stay at Troy Hall”
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I recently had to travel last minute to a conference at the University of Ulster's Magee campus in Derry. I was amazed at the wonderful architecture of the original buildings and the lovely people. I had to find a place to stay close by and at the last minute, which I did after I stumbled upon a Bed & Breakfast called Troy Hall B&B, Derry. This is a late 19th century manor house that has been transformed into a wonderful family home and B&B. The couple that ran it were wonderful, Mickey and Ann and the rooms were amazing. It really made my rushed trip to the city of culture 2013 very very worthwhile.

Visited December 2010