“Beautiful Architecture - Stunning Surroundings”

St. Eugene's Cathedral
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My family and I were visiting Inishowen and on our route home we stopped in to visit Derry, We are all RC and my Dad is called Eugene so my partner and I felt it would be nice to try and find it on our way home, luckily we found it easily, the building is outstanding, My parents got some photos taken at the lourdes shrine which were beautiful, and then Dad went into the church to say a prayer and mum lit a candle for our grandparents.
I hope next time we go over we can get him to a service as I am sure he would really love that x

1  Thank CapriKaren

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Lovely welcome from the priest when I said I was a visitor. Exquisite choir singing throughout the service. Bought a guide book about the history and showing pictures of previous Bishops.
Beautiful stained glass windows. The building was light and airey and decorated in tasteful pastel colours. Wonderful tranquil
atmosphere for prayer and meditation.

1  Thank Mary P
Reviewed May 15, 2013

It is worth climbing up the hill to see this imposing Cathedral on the inside, and to see its community at prayer. At 8 a.m. Mass on a Monday morning there were more men than women among the 200 or so people there. There had already been a Mass at 6.30 a.m. that day, as the community were hosting a special Novena in honour of St. Therese of Lisieux. ~There would be another Mass at 10 a.m. and more in the evening. So this Cathedral is a magnificent building that is doing what it was built to do, a place of daily worship as well as an inspiring work of architecture.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Although relatively modern,this is still a beautiful building with a really peaceful, relaxing atmosphere. We enjoyed our visit, sometimes it is nice just to sit and reflect.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Holds a commanding view on the skyline. Visitors are welcome to view this beautiful Roman Catholic Cathederal. Masses are frequent and you can spend time looking st the wonderful stain glass windows. The altar has been modrrnised but is very tasteful