“A beautiful building and lovely people!”

First Derry Presbyterian Church
Ranked #33 of 140 things to do in Derry
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had visited the Guildhall and a visit to the church was recommended by the staff there. We decided to call in and we were shown around by two lovely people who told us all about the history of the church and the refurbishment and the information about the stained glass windows. It is a beautiful building and well worth a visit, don't walk past!!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We called into this historic building while doing a tour of the walls.
The recent refurbishment has created a building well worth a visit.
We were given a most interesting tour by our excellent Italian (!) guide who gave us a great insight into the building and the fascinating history surrounding it.
Of particular interest were the varied and beautiful stained glass windows and the stories behind them.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I attended a talk given by Melvyn Bragg in Derry's first Presbyterian Church as part of the 2013 City of Culture celebrations. I was both delighted with the speaker and to visit such a beautiful building. We were all made to feel very welcome and it made the perfect place to hear such an accomplished individual speak. The building has been expertly renovated in recent years and is somewhere I would strongly recommend anyone visit, both locals and visitors. The ceiling was a particular draw for me with a very unusual and eye catching design. It is a very peaceful and an absorbing church, situated beside the walls, with a history which stretches back many, many centuries. I look forward to my next visit.