“Brilliant tour by the man himself”
Review of City Walking Tours

City Walking Tours
Ranked #2 of 20 Tours in Derry
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Martin McCrossan City Tours is the original and best tour of the city operating for over 20 years. The only Tourism NI 5 star tour of the city covering a range of subjects. Open 7 days a week tours at 10am,12noon,2pm and 4pm everyday only £4pp. Complimentary tea or coffee available. No need to book - just show up! Private tours also available on request with group rates . Step on guides available to do coach tours and part coach and part walk. Blue Badge Guide also available on request .
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We happened to phone on the off chance that we could do a tour and the phone was answered and our tour guided by the man himself Martin. Had a wonderful time, and learnt a great deal about the city of Londonderry/Derry/Maiden City/Walled City/ LegenDerry!

351martin, Owner at City Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Thank you for your kind words, we strive to give everyone who joins our tour a well balanced view of the city while making it informative, educational and fun for all. Our tour covers all aspects of the history in the city to give a full understanding of our cultural diversity. I am glad you enjoyed your visit to the city and hopefully we will see you again, thanks Martin

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"shopping centre"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We done the walking tour on Saturday 5/1/13. It was Martin doing the tour and we thought he was excellent. Very informative, telling about the good, bad and ugly scenes that have surrounded Derry for years while still keeping the tour very light hearted and amusing. 10 out of 10 for this tour. Will definitely do it again

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I did the tour on a visit to Londonderry over Christmas and found it really interesting. Martin was the tour guide and despite the bad weather made it interesting and fun.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Me, my wife and two grown up sons spent christmas with our daughter, who moved from Birmingham to Derry five years ago.
My wife and I have had several trips here, our youngest son had lived here with his sister for a couple of months, but it was our oldest sons first time in Northern Ireland, and his opinions had been formed from the bad news that makes it over to England, and hearsay from people who have never visited themselves.
I have done the tour before but was happy to do it again to give our son an insight into this fascinating city, Our guide was Martin, who started city tours 20 years ago. He does not shy away from the bad from Derry's past, you get an insight into its older history, the reasons for its turbulent recent history but also he tells of all the good that has come,and continues to come from Derry, and he passes on all this information with humour in an unbiased way with an obvious love of his city and pride in being part of it.
I can only comment on our guide Martin, but would hope all of his guides share his passion, because it is that passion that helps make the tour. And at only £4, which includes a post tour cup of tea, it has to be the best bargain you will get while visiting