“Very moving”
Review of City Tours

City Tours
Ranked #1 of 19 Tours in Derry
Reviewed November 27, 2012

On a coach trip from Scotland, Malcolm came on our coach and took us on a tour round the city, sensitively explaining the history and sights. Well worth the £ 4.00 and a real insight into the town. Interesting background before getting off the coach to explore on our own.
Never expected to visit Derry but we found it really fascinating, lots to explore, good views from the walls, beautiful cathedrals, Peace bridge, murals and statue - we were tired but quite enthralled at the end of our day.
Legenderry is certainly worth a visit and like everywhere else we went in Ireland, we felt really welcomed.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

On a miserable, grey & wet Thursday in November I took the Derry City Walls tour with John, one of the Derry City Tours guides. There were six visitors on the tour and, within five minutes, I had forgotten what a gloomy day it was. John's tour was informative, amusing, and very balanced. He answered every question he could and never tried to wing an answer; if he did not know, he said so but that was not often necessary! The tour was at the perfect speed and had just the correct amount of information; there was no information overload or a feeling that we had been short-changed. It gave us a great overview of what has quickly become one of my favourite cities in Ireland.

The complimentary cup of coffee afterwards was a bonus; three of us (two Italian & one Irish), who had been total strangers ninety minutes before, swapped e-mail addresses in the cafe over really good coffee and soups in the Java Coffee Shop.

It was one of the best tours I have been on, anywhere.

We thoroughly enjoyed our brief visit to Derry and fully intend to return, next time to include a tour of the Inishowen peninsula as recommended by John.

Thanks to everybody involved in Derry City Tours. I highly recommend you make a detour to take this excellent tour.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have been to Derry on many occasions and done the city tour with Martin Mc Crossan I must say I've never seen anyone more passionate about his city it's history both past and present. I can't recommend this tour enough. Great tour great value well done Martin.

1  Thank 560BobReid
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We took the walking tour of The Walls on an extremely cold day but were warmed by the welcome from Martin. A truly informative insight into Derry's role in our country. Martin's passion for progress is a joy to watch, like a favourite teacher he made learning fun. All the information you receive and a cuppa is clearly a bargain!

1  Thank CherylWoodsFay
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Great informative and entertaining tour delivered by John. Gives good insight into the city's place in history, and with the Irish sense of humour. Poignant and symbolic. Great to see so many people out enjoying Derry in November.

1  Thank Schindlersontour