“Not great”
Review of Custom House Restaurant - CLOSED

Custom House Restaurant
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We went to the Custom House on Saturday evening, we hadn't booked but they had a table. We ordered from a fairly average menu though our waitress was a gem and could not have been more helpful though no one offered to take our coats The various breads arrived, all much too sweet, my husband's chicken arrived and it also was too sweet. My steak was average to say the least. The salads were disappointment it was all so boring. Definitely style over substance

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I was part of a hen group (approx 10 girls) in April 2014. Although when we first arrived there wasn't many in the restuarant, it was soon packed. All ten hens thought the food and service was amazing. The drinks were flowing, the waitress came over and chats with us, everyone thought the food was delicious. Would definately recommend for groups/couples/families etc. I'll be going back next time I'm in Derry.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

With the likes of the Exchange, Quaywest etc all a stones throw away, I doubt I'll ever be back here unless it's organised by someone else. Food is OK but unspectacular, much too expensive compared to it's competitors, and both times I've been there the service has been very poor. Orders missed or incorrect, staff rude and argued when corrected.

Give it a miss.

2  Thank DrPhilG
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I booked the Custom House Restaurant for our wedding without having visited Derry beforehand to check it out. The staff were friendly, the room was beautiful and the food was simply amazing! They catered for our large and diverse party, and took care over special dietary requirements. They simply made our wedding day. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Boring -like a bad hotel bar. Food is ok but the whole place is boring and overpriced - would never go again. Exchange next door half the price and exciting!

2  Thank smithers58