“You must go”
Review of Custom House Restaurant - CLOSED

Custom House Restaurant
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Spoilt for choice in the city of culture lovely decor fab food served with charm. Have been here on a number of occasions and have never had a bad experience again book if its the weekend. You won't be disappointed go.

1  Thank Rosemary L

Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Have been loads of times! Love the interior decoration you woildn't imagine when you are inside that you are in Derry, staff are so friendly and the service is first class (not service you will find anywhere else in the city)! Love the fact when you are eating you can see into the kitchen, always a good sign.
The food is great but only downside it is quite expensive compared to other places in the city but the service and atmosphere do make it worth the extra cost.
Menu is a bit limited, could be doing with more choice or being changed more often.
But I do LOVE this place.

2  Thank CormDoc
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The service in the restaurant was unquestionably good but, for me, the negatives outweighed the positives. The decor is 'old world', almost oppressive. Dark colours and heavy furniture which might be to some people's taste but not mine. The menu failed to excite and the Sauvignon Blanc selection was poor. The food would have been appealing a decade ago but tastes and cuisine have moved on. Sadly none of the seafood dishes - crab, squid or the Greencastle seafood platter, were available which undermined anyone whose aspiration was to enjoy some local seafood! I don't think this is acceptable in a restaurant which is aspiring to be one of the better ones in The City of Culture in 2013. Value for money, it was poor and whilst the food served was palatable it was lacking inspiration and quality. I think a self appraisal is needed if there is to be the change needed to survive. Furthermore, it was empty of diners - not a good sign!

5  Thank trevcole
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Twenty of us had our Christmas dinner at Custom House on the 21/12/12
We were all speaking about it on our return to work. The girl who looked after us was excellent and everyone mentioned how pleasant and polite she was as, were the rest of the staff.
Everyone commented on how good the food was and that every dish was a success, from the traditional turkey to the excellent steamed seabass I ordered, with absolutely no complaints. So congratulations to the chef and his crew. We all loved the large boardroom we were in, and are already talking about booking next year. It was a great night and excellent start to the festivities.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Out with three friends.
We all thought the meal was excellent.

I had the Cesar salad for starter - which was tasty.
The Duck & champ for my main - which was one of the best dinners I've had in ages.
And while I don't normally do dessert I couldn't turn down the special,
Chocolate Orange Cheesecake - delicious.

The service was great - polite, helpful, served quickly, not long to wait between courses,
and we weren't rushed away when the meal was finished.

We also stayed in the bar downstairs for a while.
It was quite, which was great for sitting around having a chat & getting served all the quicker.
There was also a DJ playing great music.

2  Thank Anthony L