“Fabulous food, reasonable prices and beautiful decor”
Review of Custom House Restaurant - CLOSED

Custom House Restaurant
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Had a beautiful lunch in custom house. Food was delicious, service excellent and very reasonably priced. The chocolate brownie was to die for. Beautiful interiors, looks really classy. Would def recommend!

CustomHouseDerry, Guest Relations Manager at Custom House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, We hope you come back and visit us soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

I visited Custom House with 5 friends recently and we all thoroughly enjoyed it!!

The food was beautiful and reasonably priced. Portion sizes were just right and we all received our own side dishes which was great as many restaurants make you share sides if more than one of the same has been ordered.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming.

The building interior is amazing and really adds to the dining experience!!

The only downside is that I live so far away that I can't go more often!!! However I will defintely be back and would highly recommend to everyone!

CustomHouseDerry, Guest Relations Manager at Custom House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 10, 2011

I visited Custom House to catch up with friends at the weekend as it was recommended to us... and what a great choice! The building itself was beautiful, very central, comfortable and very stylish. The staff were more than helpful and made us feel welcome and very much at ease. The menu was great value for money and the food was amazing! We tried a few different dishes as there were a wide variety to choose from and everyone was really impressed with their choice. The portion sizes were generous and very tasty. We will definitely be back in the near future and would highly recommend. Made my weekend. Lovely experience.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience. Your comments are very refreshing and I will certainly pass them on to the staff.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

Just had my mothers 80th Birthday on Wednesday October 5th a BIG thank you to Sonia and staff for putting all of my requests together. The food and service was excellent, and every thing went well
The reason I picked this restaurant I was home visiting Derry in the summer and my friend and I went for a meal it was so good that I said this is where I will have my mother-in - laws Birthday.
As we where bringing American friends I wanted a nice place and good food and the Custom House has both I new they would love this place and they did. :) Thanks again .
Lorraine.

1  Thank Derrygirl57

Thank you Lorraine, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself just as much second time around. We love to personalise customers dining experience as much as possible, by putting in your requests it makes it easier to do this. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed October 3, 2011

Last night, my boyfriend and I booked a meal in the restaurant for the first time. When we arrived the restaurant itself, it was stunningly beautiful. We were taken to our table by a blonde hair lady who provided us with menus and took our drink order. We found the menu had a great choice of dishes and were very excited to try them. I decided to order the pork belly and my boyfriend opted for the monkfish. However, twenty minutes had passed and our food order was not taken. We both thought that this was extremely poor as the restaurant was not overly busy. It seemed like we were simply put forgotten about.
Finally a young waitress came to the table and we gave her our order. Monkfish and pork belly. The waitress explained that there was no monkfish. My boyfriend was very disappointed as he was looking forward to sampling the dish. However, the very polite waitress went on to explain that the kitchen also had no hake, stuffed chicken, and venison. This we both felt was extremely poor as this was nearly half the main course menu. I was extremely shocked that a restaurant could open to patrons with a menu with such a number of dishes outstanding from the menu.
I personally felt embarrassed for this young girl having to pass this information on to paying customers due to the lack of organisation for a busy weekend by the management/chef. For a restaurant which is allegedly supposed to be one of the best in town, I find this absolutely shocking.
My boyfriend decided to order the lamb rack from the remains of the menu. The young waitress flushed red and apologised once again that the lamb tonight was not lamb rack but rump. This was the final straw in a disastrous menu ordeal. At this point, we both got out of seat and walked to the till and said that we were leaving.
I would like to point out that no manager or supervisor spoke to us to enquire what the reason was for the both of us to walk out of the restaurant. I feel that this is extremely poor customer service and the management should be ashamed of themselves. The lady who took us to our seats should have told us about the gapping holes in the menu before she proceeded to take our drink order and kept us waiting twenty minutes to make the order.
We both had a sip from each of our drinks and the staff proceeded to charge us for the drinks, which were overpriced one pint of Peroni and a half pint of Peroni for £8.10!!!!! We were furious that no one queried the reason as to why we left. I feel that this restaurant has an arrogance which has caused them to lose their focus with their customers.
This has been the worst restaurant experience I have ever had and as a couple we have been to literally every restaurant in the town. Some restaurants we have had rubbish food but I can honestly say that we have had such a poor experience or lack of in this case with management and the lack of menu choice due to the running out of dishes. 0/10

1  Thank Caoimhe O

Thank you for your positive and negative feedback. Unfortunately all weekend we were extremely busy and come Sunday we were certainly 'caught out' with our food supplies. All our fish is brought in fresh & we cant get deliveries on Sunday's. Five dishes out of 24 main course dishes is too much to have off at any one time & we agree this is embarrassing for our staff to tell customers. We have taken your comments on board & hope you will revisit us again.