“Nice Hotel”

Best Western Plus White Horse Hotel
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at the Whitehorse , the staff were very friendly and pleasant , we eat in the restrauant in the evening and breakfast both excellent : the room
was clean and had a kettle for tea & coffee : The bathroom was quite small but apart from
that everything was excellent : Will go again !

Room Tip: Room 210 looked out at a chimney for the leisure centre :
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here whilst in the area on business. Food was excellent...barman was very helpful and plesent. There was a lovely local guy on reception who went out of his way to help( even re programmed my tv so I didn't miss corrie). Breakfast was delicious and served by a lovely lady.
Couldn't fault anything and would definetly go back.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This was my third stay at this Hotel whilst in Derry on business. I really cannot fault anything. The staff were friendly and helpful and go out of their way to make your stay a pleasant one. I do not understand a previous comment about the food and accommodation being mediocre - this is certainly not my experience. My room on the first floor was spotless and comfortable and had recently been refurbished. I chose to eat in the bar this time as I wanted something light and although I would say the menu was standard bar fare, the quality was good. I have previously eaten in the restaurant and consider both presentation and food quality to be excellent.
Although not used this time, the pool and gym facilities are also good.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel or to use it again.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have recently been refurbished.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
WhiteHorseHotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus White Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Lorna,

Thank you for your review and comments. Our staff do work extremely hard and it is a great encouragement to read such a fantastic review. As you mention all our rooms have been refurbished as we moved to 4 star status. Again thank you and look forward to welcoming you again to the hotel ( hopefully for pleasure not business next time)

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Stayed at the Best Western White Horse hotel recently with my husband. The hotel is located alongside a very busy dual carraigeway beside a major industrial plant, billowing out fumes. Please be aware if you are staying here that this hotel is located miles from the city centre. The hotel itself is pleasant enough and would be ok for the business traveller for an overnight stay. Overally fairly mediorce in terms of food and accommodation. Definately not a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hilary T
WhiteHorseHotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus White Horse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Hilary T,
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am disappointed by the low score you gave us which appears to be as a result of our location. We are not a city center hotel and do not advertise that we are. We are only 5 miles from the city offering all the attitubes city center hotels can not, ample free car parking,large swimming pool & leisure center as well as sceanic walks surrounded by green fields. A drive into the city will only take 10mins. We are not in an industrial estate and the business you refer too billowing smoke is approx 1mile away from hotel not visible from the hotel not even the roof top.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Lovely clean, comfortable, warm room apart from a cold bathroom. Lighting especially good for night reading. Friendly, helpful staff, especially Dill who looked after us very well during our meal on Saturday night making us feel genuinely welcome. We'll be back.
K.and E.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Just spent the night at this hotel. This is the second time I have been there and it was just as good. The staff are so friendly and helpful, they can't do enough to make your stay enjoyable. The restaurant is amazing and the food is the best I have had for a long time. I will be going back as soon as possible.
I didn't use the spa on this visit but I used it the last time and it was really good.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor and it was lovely
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2014

10 minutes from Derry, good comfortable quiet hotel. Great gym and swimming pool. Staff excellent friendly, very helpful. Food in the bar was better than many good restaurants I've eat in. Nice big fire near reception. Close to City of Derry airport. I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family