“Can't wait to be back”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Can't wait to be back”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Nicely appointed hotel,the refurb rooms a treat.
Very friendly and efficient staff-well trained I think
Restaurant serves good portions of creative food;the smoked salmon the pick of my stay
I will definitely come to stay again,rates five star not four.

Room Tip: The refurbs are worth a try.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed at this hotel few months ago near valentines day, it was donated by someone who bought it and I paid double the price it was worth for good cause. Worse experience of my life. First evening our food in resturant came wrong after a very long wait. We ordered steak and they brought out chicken pasta when we explained that's not what we ordered they sayed well do you want this anyway and I was like no we want what we ordered. We where rudely told oh will be another long wait then. Finally came and wasn't offered any kinda discount or anything. Regards to room when we arrived we stated phone didn't work they told use they would sort it out that night their was massive fight in room next to us I went to reception twice at 2.30 and 3.30 after that I couldn't be bothered running all the way to reception again so was kept awake til 5am! Next day we had a meal which came to about £37 we paid with £50 note and waited 25mins for receipt and change which never came I had to get up and asked for change and I was hold oh we assumed that was tip which was embarrassing and very rude. The next morning ordered room service and it came very late and was cold. Worse if all the last morning I was getting out of shower and badly burnt my side off a extremely hot wall heater I was rushed to a and e and was in a lot if pain. I reported this to hotel and have been advised to take legal action now as they have ignored me since. I have accident report forms and have everything on paper signed off by hotel. On second day I reported it and was offered a new voucher ie 3nights with evening meals and was told this would be posted which never was. and ths was before I was badly burnt!!! As I said worst experience if my whole life! I've been wailing hotel no reply. I will be taking legal. Goin if ths snt sorted asap

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa M
WhiteHorseHotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus White Horse Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Lisa,
Thank you for your review of the hotel and please accept my apologies for your experience. With regard to the incident we have not been ignoring you as at no time since you departed have you tried to contact us. You mentioned you emailed head office but you have been unable to tell me who. The only correspondence has been after you wrote this review. On departure I did meet with you and apologied, offering you a voucher to return and I was awaiting a reply as you wanted to check with the person who bought you it. As discussed by email I have now sent you a complimentary voucher.
I cannot comment directly on your case as you have mentioned legal action but we do have towel rails in all our bathrooms but these are turned on and controleed by the customer to reduce risk.
As you see from the numerous reviews we have done major refurbishment since you where here 6 months ago and have awarded 4 star status. I look forward to welcoming you back and showing you the hospitality you deserved
UK
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was in a Group who enjoyed the ambience of the restaurant in this hotel. The look of the restaurant area was very pleasant and made for a relaxing atmosphere. Nearing the end of the meal there was a lovely lady who played all sorts of tunes on a grand piano. The music was not intrusive and we could still converse without having to shout! The staff were very well organised and quietly went about their duties in a friendly manner. Well worth another visit and thoroughly recommended. The meal itself was so good and presented well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
londonderry
Reviewed June 24, 2013

for a friends hen party we choose to go to the white horse hotel spa. they do different packages which can be found on their website. We Choose the emerald package which was £49 and included a 2 course lunch (as we went on the sunday we got the sunday carvey) and also included 2 treatments. I got a manicure and a facial... the facial alone would have cost £30 so this was definitly value for money. Also there was tea and coffee facilities that you could drink cup after cup from when you went in til you left free of charge and when you were waiting on your treatment you got a fruit kebab which was so refreshing. the steam room, pool and sauna were also amazing! definitly value for money! we cant wait to get another excuse for a day back in the spa! the receptionist charlene, and the 2 ladies doing the treatments were all extremly nice! i would recommend this hotel to anyone. also the decor is beautiful!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Visited this hotel on a business trip to Derry a few days ago. Doesn't look much from the outside but it is lovely inside. Food is excellent and very good value for money. Very close to the airport so a great location for flights and for going into Derry it is just a 10 to 15 minute drive in the car. Rooms are compact but very nicely furnished. Definitely worth a stay as the staff are very helpful and make you feel very welcome

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Hey there stayed at this hotel for a weekend with a friend from dublin great staff and amazing food ina restaurant and very ncie pool . the only minus but is most in the htels is non smoking rooms. I think hotels should consider to have few smoking rroms for ppl who smoke . At this hotel u have to go outside to have a smoke hich is not really convinient. But in genera very positive experience will defo be back there

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Omagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Having stayed at the Best Western White Horse Hotel on a previous short break, which we thoroughly enjoyed, we decided to sample their Christmas Break.
From the moment we arrived, to be confronted by biggest Santa, the welcome , the mulled wine, tempting food and light entertainment kicked off what was to be a very enjoyable three days.
Then there were the meals, hot buffet style on Christmas Eve, a mega "Full Irish"breakfast and the Christmas dinner mmmmmmm! and on it went.
It was a good thing that there was a pool and fitness suite to work off those calories before the next culinary delight. .
If you love your food and want to enjoy a Christmas a warm friendly atmosphere complete with log fire then this hotel is well worth a try. You could make it a regular Christmas venue as many of our fellow guests had done. Now that is some testimony to the event!!

Room Tip: The family rooms are near to the Pool and Spa Suite, very handy.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family