“The perfect place”

Beech Hill Country House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I attended a wedding of some friends here and stayed the night. The location and scenery was perfect. The old part of the hotel is beautiful and traditional with some very famous former guest ( a few ex presidents no less) and the new section is modern but fits in with the surroundings. The hospitality was top notch with a relaxed friendly manner. The food was some of the best we had tried when travelling around Ireland. We will be back and we would highly recommend this as a holiday or if you are planning a wedding, ideal.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andy E

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I recently attended a wedding at this venue, I would not recommend. hotel area itself is too spaced out for any real mingling of guests not a lot of help or signs for guests to know what is happening or where they should be. the marquee the wedding was held in was stunning and the decorationd
inside were also beautiful (however i think this was more to do with the couples wedding planner and not the hotel!) The sound system for the speeches was embarrassing! And the servers were untrained and looked like it was the first wedding they had served. Top table had finished their meal before ours was served. One plate of vegtables for a table of 10 and one plate of baby boiled potatoes... food look warm.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Hotel is set in its own stunning surroundings. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are superb. The building is a architects dream. Most of all; they are dog friendly, which, is so important to me. I need to say a thank you to all the staff, I had a great stay. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Housekeepin
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Just back from a wee break away at Beech Hill Country house hotel in Derry and it was brilliant. Very dog friendly, beautiful and lovely walks for the boys.. We got upgraded to a huge master suite with double doors right onto the gardens and the food was excellent too. We were able to sit in front of the fire and have a drink in the public area with both dogs which was lovely and the staff made a huge fuss of Spot & Ted. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Lynne M
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We recently stayed at this Country House Hotel. We were welcomed warmly and the staff were extremely helpful.

We were tired from a long drive so had dinner at Beech Hill and it was just delightful. The breakfasts followed the same high standard. We enjoyed an after dinner coffee in the quiet, elegant lounge.

Our major disappointment with our room, which had a pleasant outlook, was that there was a bath in the bedroom and consequently the ensuite was extremely small and inconvenient and we felt let the entire standard of the hotel down, and we would certainly stay there again but would request a different location. This is the only reason our rating was "good" and not "excellent".

Room Tip: See comments regarding room 24.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I sometimes run out of superlatives for trip advisor reviews. Beech Hill is simply one of the best country house Hotels you will ever stay in.

My trip was marred only by EasyJet - but the Beech Hill really helped us sort out reorganising transport and arrival time changes.

On arrival at close to midnight (literally 11:58pm) we were so pleased to get there . Despite the late hour there was a friendly welcome into a warm and welcoming house.

This time I stayed in the original house - each time I stay it's a different room. Each quirky in its own way but all with huge comfy beds, luxurious bathrooms, free wifi, tea and coffee making facilities. Oh and a key - yes a real key! Do you remember when all hotels used keys? This one has them still and it fits perfectly with the country house feel.

I was able to climb into bed and doze of fast - the bed was oh so comfy!

Breakfast in the morning was wonderful. They can even cope with my quirky demands for veggie food and decaff coffee. My only complaint is that they seem to have changed their pain au chocolats - the old ones were as good as ones I got in Paris. The new ones are as good as the ones you can get in waitrose. Still good - but not as good.

I always make time to read and take in the displays in the museum - the hotel has an amazing link to the past and shows the past huge respect and appreciation.

Staff are so welcoming and friendly.

Will I come back? YES! I am looking forwards to coming back? YES YES. Indeed I can hardly wait to come back

Room Tip: If you can stay in the old house - do. And if your room is too hot or cold just mention it to recept...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Samanthkc
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Amazing condition for a hotel which has had such a long and colorful history. The extensive grounds are a pleasure to walk through and typify the effort the owners put into maintaining the entire complex. Beech Hill House looks so grand at night....it is in fact very picturesque. Excellent rooms - we had a unit which was so spacious one could have easily have had several guest visit. Dinner and breakfast were both well presented and enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple