“Exceptional Service”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Edinburgh
“Exceptional Service”
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Stayed one night and wished we had stayed longer at this fine hotel on outskirts of Londonderry, Northern Ireland. Beautiful setting and fine services with outstanding attentive service. Had Gourmet Break with Superior Double Room which was good value, with dining in fine restaurant. Most enjoyable. Jean and Geoffrey Lord

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Drogheda, Ireland
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Beautiful comfy bedroom, even had bowl of boiled sweets; & Tyrconnell whiskey for use with porridge in buffet breakfast, which was one of best breakfasts I've had in a long time ( no whiskey as driving)
Very warm welcome from all staff; Great value for money too - check their website .
Bar area a wee bit dark, almost positioned in corner as an after-thought.....

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I stayed in the Everglades on business and booked this hotel, as I have stayed in other Hastings Hotels and have always been happy with them.
The hotel doesn't look great from the outside but inside is tastfully decorated. My room was spacious and clean.
Nice extra touches in the room, like some sweets and of course the hastings hotel duck! Lovely big flat screen TV in my room too.
Was a bit dissappointed that bar snacks are only served until 6.30pm and the only option after this is the formal restaurant. Luckily for me,Toni, the very kind lady on reception was able to get me a light snack in my room - which was great!
The hotel was quiet (I was there on a Monday) but as I was travelling on business, this was what I wanted.
Large car park, many hotels in Derry do not have a car park or charge for parking, so this was another reason I opted for Everglades.
Convenient location for business / pleasure in this area. Would definately stay here again.
Breakfast was very nice and good choice of food.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
london
Reviewed July 23, 2010

The everglades Hotel is situated a little bit outside of Londonderry / Derry in a quiet area it is about a 20 minute walk in to town. It is easy to find being on one of the main roads in to Town. The hotel was constructed in the 1970 and for those that can remember the TV program Crossroads you will be familiar with this hotel. The room and bathroom where both clean but a bit dated and could have done with a bit of a refurbishment. Our room was at the back of the hotel and had very large windows it was not a very hot day but these windows had heated up the room and the only ventilation was two small windows that did not seem to let any air in. The room does not have aircon I would not like to stay here on a very hot day. The staff where all very good. This was the last of the Hastings Hotels that I have stayed in and all of their staff are very well trained. Evening meal was ok and breakfast was as you would expect in this type of hotel nothing out of the ordinary but not poor either. WIFI is provided by BTopenzone and is chargeable when will hotels give free wifi. If coming to this part of NI again I might look for a Hotel which was nearer to the centre.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
EvergladesManager, Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2010
Dear coysh,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent experience at the Everglades Hotel. I apologise if you found the decor to be a bit dated. Our aim is to create a warm welcoming interior, with its open fires, lounge areas and library bar. Many of our guests comment on the relaxed feel to the hotel and our bedrooms which have all the modern extras todays travellers come to expect, such as Flat screen televisions, IPOD docking stations and laptop safes.
Our wireless internet is provided by BT Openzone as we believe it offers todays traveller an excellent level of service and reception.
I am pleased that you found the staff to be well trained and very good.
I thank you once again for your comments and wish you a very pleasant summer
Kindest Regards
Stephen Meldrum
Co. Armagh N.I.
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Stayed at the Evergaldes recently for a 2 night break.
We found the hotel to be very good.
The staff were very attentive and efficient and always available whenever you needed anything.
We had one evening meal as part of our package and like the rest of the food it was excellent.
Our room was clean and tidy and available as soon as we arrived.
The addition of a leisure centre would be a great asset to the hotel but overall we would recommend without hesitation.

Northern Ireland
Reviewed July 15, 2010

My partner and I have just had the most brilliant stay at the Hastings Everglades hotel . From the moment we arrived we were made to feel so welcome and every single member of staff genuinely looked so happy and it comes across with the customer service they provide, a special mention to the gentleman who was Concierge as his good humour with the aid of a top hat and camera genuinely made us smile. When I rang and booked the room directly with the hotel we were booked into an Executive room and when we arrived Leanne on reception upgraded us to a minisuite, thank you so much Leanne! The hotel restaurant is outstanding , the meal we had on the Saturday evening was delicious and again the service was outstanding as is the very relaxing bar area. This is our third visit and we intend to return shortly again.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2010

Stayed here with my wife for out first anniversary and was really happy with the hotel and the food in the restaurant. Breakfast was nice and plentiful. The only problem was that the room was very hot, now I know the hotel is not in the middle of Spain but it was a very warm and uncomfortable night without air con. The bed was large and the water and fruit in the room was a nice touch. The duck from the bathroom will now become my permanent companion on my travels.

I would stay here again in winter.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple