“The perfect overnight break!”
Review of Everglades Hotel

Everglades Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a quiet, relaxing night away from Belfast. We spotted the Everglades and booked straight away. It couldn't have been any better!! It's a beautiful hotel, (Reception currently under renovation, though this is no reason to be put off) the room was immaculate as were the linens and towels. To say the food was amazing is an understatement!!!! We could quite happily eat in The Grill for the rest of our days!!! The biggest highlight for us has to be the encounters we had with your staff - What a lovely bunch of people! If you could bottle and sell that, the Hastings group would be onto a winner!! There wasn't a thing that was too much trouble. I'm just sad that I didn't get their names for you to pass on our gratitude personally :( We were in The Grill whilst there was a large coach tour group having their dinner, and whilst the staff were very busy attending to them, the young lady who tended to us was amazing! Always a smile and nothing was too much! Even the gentleman from the bar was in helping. I say gentleman - This word doesn't do him justice! The most pleasant member of staff in any bar/restaurant that we have ever came across! And this is the Everglades unique selling point for me - The staff. They are a credit to the Hastings Group! Thanks again for a wonderful stay, and all the best for getting the new reception area up and running!

Warmest regards,
Angela & Robert Albert

4  Thank Angela D

Reviewed July 17, 2014

My wife and I went here for a light meal. We were taken to a table straight away and presented with a very exclusive menu. Food was really well presented and absolutely beautiful. I would highly recommend the Chorizo chicken. The staff were very friendly and eager to help. We will definitely be back. The Hotel lobby is looking spectacular after it's recent refurbishment.

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Attended a friends wedding here in July, the lobby looks really bright and welcoming, the staff were really friendly and professional especially the Manager Niall who looked after us all so well during our meal which was really gorgeous and so filling. Everyone agreed that it was such a great wedding from start to finish, would highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2014

From arrival until departure my stay was everything I could have wished for. Probably the most friendly, welcoming staff I've ever encountered in any hotel - reception, front of house, bars, dining room and housekeeping nothing was ever too much trouble. The genuine warmth of smiles and cheery word is such a welcome change from the banal "have a nice day" you so often encounter these days.

The hotel itself has, unfortunately recently been subject to some unwelcome disturbance, but this was so well managed it never once impinged on the quality of stay. The public areas are beautifully furnished, light, bright and airy.

My room was superbly comfortable and afforded me three nights of blissful, uninterrupted sleep. It was tastefully furnished complete with in-room safe and lots of storage space. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. The bathroom was huge with a most generous sized shower and again clean, bright and airy.

I ate in the Grill restaurant and could not fault one single item. I seemed to have Mairead as my exclusive waitress and her natural cheeriness was always a joy to behold. Breakfast consisted of the full range of continental and cooked fayre. Lots of choice and piping hot. All food was presented beautifully and a sheer pleasure to look at before eating. This was most definitely not the usual standard hotel food. Chef obviously works hard and it shows on the plate.

Finally, on Saturday evening there was wonderful (free!) entertainment provided by a young pianist called Aidan. This young man would put many a "professional" entertainer to shame. We were treated to a superb repertoire of Irish classics, mixed with more modern tunes. We then were treated to the wonderful singing of Noella who accompanied herself on guitar.

All in all, I cannot fault the Everglades Hotel. But by far the outstanding memory is the friendliness of the staff. A real credit to the Hastings Group.

Room Tip: My room was at the rear of the hotel and I would consider these to be quieter than the ones at the f...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Leslie S
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed in this sad place for one night. The hotel unfortunately had an 'incident' the night before our arrival. CIE tours, instead of moving us to another hotel, insisted that we should stay at the Everglades to show our support! Can you believe this? So we were in this sorry place they called a hotel. My room was miserable - it was hot as there was no air conditioning. The bathroom was small with no amenities. Most of the front of the hotel - except a make shift reception -was bolted up for repairs due to the firebomb the night before. There was no internet, no wi-fi, no foreign exchange. The worst was to come the next morning when there was no hot water and all the 40 of us had cold showers!

The saving grace was the nice dinner and breakfast they laid out. The staff was gracious and trying to make the best of things.

Room Tip: The best advice I can say is to avoid this hotel until it is completely repaired and refurbished.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Cynthia L
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Attended a function at the Everglades and stayed overnight. Staff were extremely friendly and made us feel very welcome. Room was a good size and very comfortable- it seemed to have been refurbished recently. Good location, just a short drive from the city centre. Look forward to staying here again.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed overnight at the Everglades Hotel - first class.
A friendly welcoming hotel - every member of staff we spoke to made us feel really welcome.
There was a problem with the Internet access - we were offered complimentary lunch in place of this. We declined this offer simply because we were so full from a tasty breakfast.
The hotel is under going some reservations due to an incident which occurred a short time ago so allowances do need to be made.
We have stayed in all the a Hastings a Group hotels - this has to be our favourite!!
We will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the busy main road