“Great Sunday Lunch”
Review of Everglades Hotel

Everglades Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I recently went to the Everglades for the Sunday Carvery Lunch. The dining room was spectacular and the food and service was great. Was a bit pricey though, which is why I would give it a 4 rather than a 5. I would definitely recommend for a special occasion!

• Stayed: April 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,308)

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Stayed there for one night as part of a bus tour. This hotel is located close to the highway however we did not hear much noise at night. It is a 20 minute walk to downtown (according to guests).
Things to work on:
-Put new batteries in the remotes and make sure they are clean. Ours was full of dust.
-Make service at the restaurant faster (no need to wait for 2 hours for dinner) and more efficient
(I called our waiter twice to remind him to take our dishes away).
- During our first 15 minutes at the hotel, we called the front desk twice. Once for the remote and the other one because the sink was full of water and we could not find the way to remove the water.

If you go, beware that there is a charge for wi fi in the room. It is free in public areas.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Had a short stay and have stayed before. An all round excellent experience.Food and service were first class.Room very comfortable and spotless.Front desk staff very helpfull.Will definetly be back in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We spent two nights at The Everglades in an Executive Room on a very good value package that included a dinner and also a walking tour of the city.
The room and bathroom were very spacious and generally well fitted. The wardrobe was small and awkward. The bed and linen very comfortable. Our room faced the main road which was quite noisy most of the time, and with no air conditioning we needed to open the window (a surprise in N Ireland!). Although the bed was very comfortable the road noise reduces my score.
Food was good, although I am not a great fan of buffet service cooked breakfasts. Service was polite and helpful. The car park was enormous.
The free included walking tour was great.

Room Tip: There is a road running past both the front and the back of the hotel, but the rooms on the back mus...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Second time I've visited Everglades in 6 months, every Easter we go somewhere different for a break, this year we choose Derry & the North East, Hotel was perfect for our needs, my daughter was learning to ride her bike so location facing the towpath on the Foyle was perfect, we could just cross the road and had ample room for walking, cycling etc. As before staff were fantastic, one of the team even made my daughter a staff name badge which she loved. Room was excellent, breakfast & evening meals were very nice indeed. Highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My family was on a tour with CIE. We stayed at the Everglades on a Saturday and the hotel was very busy. However I found that the staff top of the line and very helpful and courteous.

Also found the food to be very delicious and the wait staff efficient. The rooms clean and spacious. Overall very satisfied with the hotel.

Upon returning home to the United States I realized that my teenage son forgot his recently purchased sweatshirt at the hotel. I sent an email to inquire about it. I received a quick response informing me that they found it and were going to return it as soon as they could. I feel they went above and beyond expectations. I highly recommend staying at this beautiful well run establishment!

Joanne Lehan
Massachusetts, USA

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Had a fantastic evening trying out the new Dragonfly Lounge. A great evening of music and entertainment topped off by a free cocktail! Would definitely recommend to all for next month.

I am a regular visitor to this hotel and the quality of service and staff never disappoints. You are always made to feel very welcome and the atmosphere and ambience of the hotel is very relaxed. Best hotel in Derry by far!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends