“Fantastic hotel,excellent friendly staff,very clean.”
Review of Everglades Hotel

Everglades Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Derry
Omagh, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel,excellent friendly staff,very clean.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was celebrating my birthday with my sisters, we stayed overnight at the Everglades Hotel,our rooms were to the highest standard, We also had the most fabulous meal in the hotels restaurant 'The Grill.' the restaurant staff were very friendly and informative. Their recommendations were spot on! After dinner we went to the lounge which had the most wonderful relaxing ambience,due to the lighting & the roaring fire. This experience was made all the more special by the care & attention from the duty manager NIALL. Our breakfast next day was faultless! We also got a chance to meet more of the friendly & helpful staff,On checking out the reception staff were very efficient & friendly. Looking forward to staying at the Everglades again, hopefully sooner rather than later!!

Room Tip: If travelling with children, take advantage of the adjoining rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Just finished a two day business conference at the hotel. The facilities were superb. Will be bringing the team back. Maybe even for our Christmas party. Staff were amazing, so organized
and helpful. Would totally recommend. Thank you

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Following our fantastic stay at the Everglades last year we couldn't wait to go back and we certainly weren't disappointed. When we checked in we were told we'd been upgraded to one of the Presedential Suites - a wonderful surprise and an amazing room!! It was so spacious and comfortable that we didn't want to leave. Add to that the gorgeous food, both at dinner and at breakfast, as well as the very pleasant and helpful staff and it all came together to make a perfect break. We'll definitely be back again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

There are good and bad points to this. Good points first.... If you are like me and struggle to find a hotel with parking spaces then this is the place for you, the car park is huge, more spaces than hotel rooms I think. Second the price of the drinks at the bar is fair, not overly pricey. Overall the hotel is a good size and so are the rooms. Now the downside.... The beds are 2 single beds put together where the bottom protector and bottom sheet do not fit, the duvet cover is much larger than the duvet itself ..... By a good foot and a half each side. The shower is warm but does not come out hot and a full breakfast is £15 for one person ! It's 50/50 if I come back or not.

Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I suppose it's one of the 'must do before I die' things, walk the walls of Derry and to achieve this my wife and I stayed at the Everglades. We were on a package; One dinner, b&b and of course the walk. What can I say. the hotel is about two miles from Derry centre and costs £3.50 by taxi. The rooms are comfortable, there is the usual tele and tea/coffee making facility. The double bed was big and a sound sleep was had by us on the night. We enjoyed the bar and at £4 for Stella lager it wasn't overpriced and had our meal from a set menu. I had the slow cooked beef, very nice if a tad salty, my wife had the chicken both of us were satisfied. We went on our tour after breakfast next day and a very nice breakfast it was. I had porridge, with a small drop of Irish whisky and cream added for flavor and fish (salmon and trout). The tour was excellent and our American friends really had a ball asking lots of questions. After that I took my wife on a personal tour of Derry I would know the city fairly well and drove home afterwards

Room Tip: We didn't have a problem sleeping even though we looked out on a busy road. Couldn't really...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ireland
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a Saturday night recently. Ordered a twin room but got a double which was changed quickly enough. Clean. No problems. Friendly. Would recommend to anyone. A little bit out of city but a taxi ride away.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have been travelling Ireland with my boyfriend and we loved this hotel, staff were amazing, Neil was exceptionally helpful and friendly, we felt so at home here and everyone we passed had a hello for us! I can't wait to back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple