“Stunning Modern Hotel That Made our Weekend Complete!”
Review of Everglades Hotel

Everglades Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Derry
Newry, United Kingdom
“Stunning Modern Hotel That Made our Weekend Complete!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My friend and I stayed in The Everglades for 'Radio 1s Big Weekend' and I can honestly say it made our weekend complete! From the moment we checked in we were treated like Royalty and all of the staff especially Niall, Neil and Aaron made sure we had all we needed for the perfect stay. Our room (111) was beautiful and the beds were the most comfrotable I have ever slept in! The staff treated us as if we were old friends and we both felt special for the duration. The breakfast was delicious with an array of breads, cheeses, cereal and fry. We dined like Queens and appreciated the staff coming over to chat to us and tending to our every needs! The shower was the perfect hangover cure and the only negative was that we had to leave! We found the hotel easily and a parking space only a few feet from the door. The thing that made this hotel so special and memorable for us was definately the hospitality of the entire staff. We cannot wait to return again and would reccommend this hotel to all friends and family. Thanks to all who made our weekend so amazing! We look forward to staying with you again in the very near future!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a brilliant hotel with great people and great food! I stayed here for a long Weekend In May the service was great really friendly and very approachable, would highly recommend this beautiful hotel :)

• Stayed May 2013
Manteca, California
Reviewed May 27, 2013

A very nice hotel that we spent a night in via a tour, so i can't comment on the price.

It was a really nice hotel with a big problem and a small one. The small one was the name ('Everglades, in Northern Ireland?) and a statue of Louis Armstrong in the lobby (what did he have to do with the Everglades?).

The real problem was the location. It was well out of downtown, right next to a busy (and noisy) highway. There was just about nothing around the hotel. The curtains deadened the sound pretty well, but I couldn't figure out why anyone would want to stay there. If you do have a reason, it's an ok place.

1 Thank stevej2001
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback and for your "Excellent Grading" 5/5 for our Rooms & Cleanliness.
I would be delighted to answer your few questions you had. The Everglades which was built in 1976 was named, after original owner Mr Vincent Armstrong built the hotel on marshy land, a direct likeness to the marshy land in Everglades Florida with also inspiration he had taken from Alistair Cook's "Letters from America".
The connection with our "Louis Armstrong Statue ", is that ,in one of Louis Armstrongs' famous songs, "Millers Cave" he sings about the Everglades.

I am sorry that our location wasnt what you were looking for , but thank you for your quote "a very nice hotel". We are lucky enough that we have quite a few guests that find reasons to and enjoyment from staying here.

Again thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Warm regards

Belfast
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was on my way to Donegal and happened to stop here for lunch and was so glad that I did. I was greeted by a very friendly member of staff called Neil. He was extremely helpful and welcoming. The meal was delicious with a great selection to choose from. I enjoyed my time here so much that I have booked a weekend stay. The hotel is situated in an area with great views of the river Foyle, its definitely the place to go and relax. I highly recommend a visit!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Warrenpoint, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Myself and my wife Susan stayed in the Everglades Hotel Derry for the Derry Jazz festival. Firstly the show on the night in the hotel was fabulous but the hospitality from all the hotel staff was four star quality as was the food and the accommodation. The new General Manager Neill Devlin was very much hands on and made our stay so relaxing. I will be back soon to sample this superb hospitality. Michael & Susan Magill from Michael Magill Entertainments.

Larne, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We decided to escape the normality of home and booked an overnight stay at the Everglades.
On our arrival we were greeted by a friendly receptionist who on enquiring about our dinner plans asked us if we wanted her to gather together some menus for local restaurants as we were unfamiliar with the area. We thought this was great and agreed. She got them sent up to our room and we were able to make a selection from these.
Our room was an executive room and it was really lovely and it was very clean. The tray bakes in the room for our arrival was a very nice touch and we made good use of the tea/coffee making facilities.
The towel swan on our bed reminded me of our honeymoon on our cruise which we thought was lovely.
The bathroom was really nice and we adored the City of Culture ducks on top of our flower shaped hand towels. The lay out was very appealing. The only issue was that the toilet rolls were quite low down on their holder so we had to put it on the side of the bath to be at hand level.
After we returned from our evening meal we sat in the lounge area which was very cosy and quiet and we were able to sit and chat and make use of the wifi in public areas.

During the night I found the room really hot which made it hard to sleep. I don't know whether this was due to heating being on or because of the type of duvet on the bed.

The next morning we were cheerfully welcomed by Barbara at breakfast in The Grill, which was a lovely bright room. She explained the layout of breakfast for that morning. We placed our tea and coffee order along with our hot food order. The rest of the breakfast was well set out and we really enjoyed it.
The hot food, when it arrived was well set out and looked scrummy and believe me it was. Everything was warm and cooked well.

We sat in the lounge beside the gas fire before checking out and a really pleasant member of staff offered to take a picture of my husband and I together which was thought was very nice of him as we had only been able to take single pictures of each other.

Overall, we really loved our stay here and we hope to go back again and maybe stay a little longer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
Wow, from everyone here at The Everglades Hotel we would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of our property. We are delighted you enjoyed our locally sourced produce and I know Barbara will be very pleased to see you mentioned her.

We would be delighted to welcome you back and we hope that is sooner rather than later.

Warmest regards

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I can't recommend this hotel enough not only are the rooms sheer luxury, the food is delicious and to top it off whether your a stranger or not the staff welcome you and take care of your every need ensuring you enjoy the hotel and the lovely city of Derry!!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,

From all the Staff and Management here at The Everglades Hotel, we would like to thank you for your fabulous review of our hotel and your continued business.
I know my staff will be delighted to read this great review.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards