“Friendly staff, great service, nice hotel.”
Review of Everglades Hotel

Everglades Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed here after an event, great atmosphere In the restaurant very friendly and efficient staff throughout the hotel. It's a short drive out of the City and has plenty of parking. The rooms are clean and pretty spacious and the beds are extremely comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2013
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such a great review of our hotel. I know my team will be delighted to read this and I will most certainately be sharing your review with my team and to note my housekeeping staff and restaurant staff especially.

I mean it when I say "we" appreciate your business.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Recently had the pleasure of staying at this hotel whilst attending an event in the City. I found all the staff to be extremely professional and courteous, with nothing being too much trouble.
The bedroom was spacious and very comfortable, not to mention being very clean.
Location was excellent, no noise and free car parking, a real bonus.
I would highly recommend this hotel, and will definately stay again when visiting the area.

Room Tip: Try the Bushmills whisky with the porridge for breakfast - a real treat
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear guest,

On behalf of all the Staff here at the Everglades we would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel. I mean it when I say "We" really appreciate your business. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Nothing overly wrong with this place but far from being a 4 star hotel. We booked in but ended up leaving & staying in a hotel in town. Rooms are small & dated, the whole place needs a lick of paint. The staff are nice, which from experience is the best thing about any hastings hotels.

Dear Mr McStay,
I apologise for not meeting the standard you required but also thank you for pointing out how positive my staff are.

If you would like to go into more detail your dissappointment I would be delighted to hear your feedback. I value all feedback be it positive or constructive. Please contact myself personally on genmanager@egh.hastingshotels.com

Regards

Reviewed April 20, 2013

OK. A difficult review to write. First impressions of the hotel were good & friendly check in. Room is reasonable size (we booked superior & told larger rooms were not available which is fine). The layout of bar / lounge & grill is good & relaxing. We booked a "special offer" for 2 night stay with breakfast & 1 x evening meal, which now regret however. The special offer is not so special as based on a limited menu selection. My wife preferred choices from the main menu & we expected we could pay the small difference in cost - however were told we could not & would have to forefeit the cost we had paid & pay full again. After arguing with the manager - we said we would prefer to change the booking back to B & B & were told the price was just £10 less than we had paid for our booking - when at the time of making it was £40 difference. There is something wrong with a special offer - which is making the customer feel ripped off & this is not good PR. We decided to order what we wanted in any case & told the manager to charge us as he saw fit. My wife ordered duck - VERY PINK - it arrived well cooked. The young waiter was excellent & took it back & the manager brought out a fresh correctly cooked duck a short while later. The desserts were excellent. The bill arrived & they did not charge us extra - so all ended well. We felt like fussy customers - but this is not the case & do not usually complain. As I say all ended well - but take care for special offers that may not be! Have to say all the staff though - very friendly & helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest.

I would like to apologise on behalf of the hotel for your not so great experience and also thank you for your feedback regarding your booking. This is something we will be able to review and correct.

I would also like to thank you for your positive comments regarding my staff and I know that will mean alot to them.

If you decide to return to the hotel I would be delighted if you contacted myself personally at genmanager@egh.hastingshotels.com , so that I can re-arrange your stay and ensure you get the best offer available.

Warm Regards

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Excellent stay, put the customer first, great food, comfortable rooms, clean and modern. Definitely will be returning. Location is excellent, quiet surrounding area. Restaurant is top class, with an array of choice.

• Stayed: April 2013
EvergladesManager, Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Mck,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of our property. I will be sharing your compliments with the entire staff. Look forward to welcoming you back soon I hope.

warm regards

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel for a City Of Culture convention with His Holiness The Dalai Lama and had a wonderful stay, the hotel is easy to find with loads of private parking and is nice and quiet yet within easy reach of all the City Bustle, the bedrooms are nice and the bed was to die for, i have to say i had one of the best nights sleep ever, super comfortable, But of particular note the girls at reception were very very helpful and friendly, especially Sarah, she went out of her way to oblige my requests for information even ringing around several different establishments for me which helped make my stay so much more enjoyable, also dont believe some of the hype you hear about the bad side of Derry/Londonderry its a great city with some of the friendliest people we have ever came across, We will certainly be back :-)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Wow thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on here. And Thank you for the compliments. I am sure Sarah will be delighted to read this. And she will be getting recognised for her outstanding customer service to you both. We will be delighted to welcome you back soon and hopefully again during this epic year for the City.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed in the Hotel for a night, food was excellent, service was excellent (Claire and Pat in particular) The hotel proved to be a great base camp to sample the city's nightlife and so many of Donegal's golf courses are within easy reach.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Craig M,

On Behalf of all the team here at The Everglades. We would like to thank you for taking the time to post your experience here. I will be sharing your great comments with all the staff and in paticular Pat & Claire. I am sure they will be delighted to read this. We hope to welcome you back soon.