“Good lunch”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Derry
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good lunch”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

In Londonderry on business and stopped for lunch which was very good. Staff very friendly and attentive. Food was freshly cooked and reasonably priced. Worth a visit if your in the area . Great setting. Would definitely use again.

Room Tip: Not applicable
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed over for 2 nights in Derry,the first night was in the presidential suite and it does exactly was it says,,what a room -the biggest I have seen in a long while. We had dinner on the second night and even though it was very busy and we hasn't booked the staff moved mountains to accommodate us. Breakfast is a real treat, I ESP.loved porridge with whiskey honey and cream. Perfect for my wee hangover.

• Stayed February 2013
Belfast
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed at the Everglades in Derry for 2 nights in January 2013 with my partner and a few friends. I thought it was excellent. The lobby was spacious and nicely finished and the great atmosphere made me feel relaxed. Our room was spacious, spotless and the bed was really comfortable.
I had thought the hotel was further away from Derry City so was pleased to find it was just a short taxi ride away. Getting in and out of the city for shopping on Saturday was hassle-free.
Had a fantastic meal in The Grill on Saturday evening, the food was delicious, followed by a night out in Derry City. Back in the hotel, we were able to relax in front of the open fire until the small hours. All of the staff were warm and friendly and I would especially like to thank Finian for his excellent service-he really went the extra mile to ensure we were well cared for!
All in all, our trip to the Everglades was a fantastic experience-the hotel was excellent, the staff are first-class. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had to travel to Derry last weekend for work, but also took in an extra day to see the City. I've stayed in a few different hotels in Derry before and whilst they were good, I wont be going anywhere else next time I'm back. There's a great atmosphere to this hotel, mainly due to attitude of the staff who couldnt have been nicer in a genuine way. Late night bites to eat when the kitchen was closed, rearranging seats to suit us etc etc all no bother.
We ate in the city on the Friday night (£4 taxi fare), but tried the restaurant on the Saturday. Food was superb with a great wine list too.
Everything else, cleanliness, rooms (definitely upgrade to a suite if you can!!), location mean I will be back soon and looking forward to it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Travelling in Northwest and stopped to use the loo ! - Hotel was so warm and friendly decided to have a coffee - ended up staying for dinner.
Lovely hotel - great setting - friendly helpful staff - delicious and reasonable food.
I WILL be back.

Room Tip: Get a room on the river side
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Northern Ireland
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed for one night on business the staff were lovely, the room was warm (once I turned the radiator on) and the room service of fish and chips was delicious. I would definately stay again. One small criticism would be that a £5 tray charge for room service is the dearest I have ever been charged ... even in the centre of London, I was a 30 second walk from the bar!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed at the Everglades over the New Year with a group of friends, from the moment we arrived the staff were extra helpful and very pleasant(and even managed to have an Aussie adaptor there!!). We had a great stay and had initially planned to go into the city centre for the night but changed our minds after sampling the dinner in the restaurant (i would recommend the goats cheese tarte-yum) and seeing how cosy the foyer was in the hotel. We enjoyed some tasty drinks in the bar and danced the night away to the great singer that was on hand to entertain us!! I will definitely be going back to the Everglades again and I would recommend this place to anyone if they want a clean, comfortable hotel with a very friendly bunch of staff!! Cheers Guys!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends