“Absolutely fantastic!!”

Everglades Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Derry
“Absolutely fantastic!!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Had a great time at the Everglades Hotel. Would really recommend as the play to stay when in Derry! Had the Baked Pasta Alla Carbonara for lunch which was devine! Can't wait for my next visit already.

• Stayed January 2013
EvergladesManager, Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thanks for saying that we are 'Absolutely Fantastic'.
I do agree with you that the pasta Carbonara Special for this month is 'devine' and our Head Chef is very happy you think so.

Hope to see you again soon.

Banqueting Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had our wedding reception at the Everglades 2 weeks ago & we would just like to thank all the staff involved in helping our day run smoothly. Especially Aaron,James & Finian. James organised everything perfectly from start to finish and took care of not only us but every single guest at our wedding. We would also like to say a massive thank you to Finian who worked at the bar- he is a true gentleman, he went out of his way to ensure everyone was happy, comfortable & had everything they needed on the wedding day & the following day. Alot of our guests commented on his excellent service & want to go back to the Everglades especially to have a drink with Finian ;)
I would recommend the Everglades hotel to anyone planning a wedding , looking for somewhere special to stay with a cosy, relaxing atmosphere and warm fire to sit at for a drink or even just somewhere to go for a great meal. The restaurant food is exceptional & we are looking forward to eating there again soon.
Mr & Mrs McLaughlin ;)

• Stayed December 2012
Thankyou for taking the time to write a review.

I am so happy you both enjoyed your special day with us, it was my pleasure from start to finish. I am glad you and your guests found Finian 'warm and friendly' as all our guests do, he was really happy when i informed him.

Again on behalf of the management and staff of the Everglades i would like to wish the both of you a very happy life together.

Come back and see us anytime, you are more than welcome.

Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Had stayed in this hotel in the past for family weddings and found it to be fine, but recently I stayed overnight with friends who were visiting Derry. I must say that I was overwhelmed by the extremely friendly staff, from receptionist to management!! The room was very clean, had all the mod con's and refreshments you would expect and the food was excellent. The general atmosphere in the hotel was really homely with a professional manner. Would recommend highly and would gladly take visitors back again as this is the kind of establishment I like representing Derry! Thanks to all the staff for a great weekend!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thankyou for your very positive comments.

At the Everglades Hotel we pride ourselves on our 'Legenderry ' Hospitality, cosy atmosphere and excellent food, so thankyou for taking the time to mention these aspects of your stay with us.

We hope to see you again soon.

banqueint Manager
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and enjoyed every minute. The staff are fantastic my stay was faultless. All staff members are very friendly and look after all your needs especially a young chap Rory who could not have been done anything else to make our stay better an absolute gentleman he catered our every need. I would highly reccomend anyone to stay here and will be writing a letter to the management to show my appreciation for rory. I will be back again in 2013.

• Stayed January 2013
EvergladesManager, Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Sean_gormley,

We are very glad you enjoyed your 2 night stay with us.
I have passed your words on to Rory and he is thrilled by your kind words.
Saying your stay was 'faultless' is very kind.

We look forward to your next visit.

Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I held a fundraising event on November 2012 for my 50th Birthday in the Everglades Hotel. It was a Fun Casino Evening which was attended by approx 250 guests. As I live locally I did have a few options when organising and planning my event but due to the professionalism, service and the staffs willingness to make sure I got exactly what I wanted, there was no competition when it came to booking my venue.
The service that I got and the attitude of the staff was excellent. The Grand Ballroom was decorated beautifully and both the manager and duty manager made sure it was exactly to my liking before they let any guests in. Of course we, as well as several of my guests stayed the night and again were not disappointed. The rooms were excellent and as many of my guests had travelled to my event they have assured me that they will be staying there on any future visits to the city. The location of the hotel is very near the city but its far enough that when you go back to the hotel it is very easy to unwind and relax away from the hustle and bustle.
I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. Whether you are looking for a nice quiet meal with excellent food, a short break to visit friends or family, or a visit to the city of culture. Or if you are planning a special event, this hotel and the staff who work there will make sure that your visit is a memorable one - and for all the right reasons!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite but every one of my guests were happy with their room. Family rooms are limited...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed in the Everglades and enjoyed the Garth Brooks show there! From the moment we arrived until we checked out everything was perfect! The receptionists were lovely and were able to recommend plenty of things for us to do in the city during our stay. Our room was lovely and we settled in, then went to to have our evening meal before the show. The food was amazing (particularly the steak and the pate!) and the guys working in the restaurant and bar were very friendly and professional!

The show itself was excellent - all the staff were on hand and the service was certainly up to a five star standard - you couldn't have asked for more! The manager Neil was very friendly and definitely has a fantastic hotel which we will return to the first chance we get!

I would highly recommend everyone to stay here!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I recently stayed in the Everglades hotel with three others on the 19th December as I was attending my university graduation at the millennium forum in Derry. Check in ran smoothly as we were greeted with a very warm welcome, I was stunned to be told I was upgraded to the presidential suite! On entering the room I was overwhelmed..it was beautiful, a large spacious room with its own living area with cosy sofas and a flat screen tv...wishing I was staying for more than one night! The room and bathroom were spotless and everything placed to perfection..no attention to detail was spared! That night we had pre drinks before dinner in the library bar lounge area, a very relaxing atmosphere and very attentive staff. The meal was fantastic and customer service yet again at a high standard. Breakfast the next morning also did not disappoint..great range of food to choose from on both the buffet and menu. Unfortunately checking out for us was very early that morning as we had to leave to attend the ceremony. A lovely receptionist called Sarah checked us out that morning wishing me all the best for my graduation which was a nice personal touch. I just want to thank all the staff at the Everglades for making my graduation one to remember...I will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2012
Thankyou for your very honest and positive comments.
We are thrilled you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade for your very special occasion and are glad you enjoyed your 'large spacious room '. I have passed your comments on to Sarah on reception and she was delighted you enjoyed your stay and personally mentioned her by name.

We look forward to seeing you all again soon.