“Very nice cosy hotel!”
Review of Everglades Hotel

Everglades Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Good staff, lovely room, cosy reception very welcoming. 20 min walk to city centre or a £3.50 taxi ride. If you have a car better to stay out of the city as parking can be a nightmare! This location was good in this respect if don't mind the additional cost/walk. If you can get a cheeky deal stay here!

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I held my wedding day at this hotel - The Wedding Service?Banqueting etc - everything was set in place and Mr James Caldwell took over - all went as clockwork and the service was beautiful - everyone went out to the Lobby for tea and coffee and the banqueting staff under the supervision of Mr Caldwell set the tables out for dinner - the food was excellant and the service also excellent. After dinner we all left the room and the staff set the tables out for the evening function. Again the service and the quality of the food was excellent. Mr Caldwell did an excellent job for our special day leaving no worries to myself or my husband. I would like to take this chance to thank James Caldwell for all his help and that of his staff - this made our day even nore special, also the chef and kitchen staff - the food was excellent with no complaints. Thank you everyone who helped in any way.

Room Tip: There is very little noise from the road even though it is on a main road. All rooms are lovely and...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I stayed at the everglades during the week and i found the Food and drink was excellent! i also loved the lobby bar it was vert cozy and fire places where out of this world. It is not the first Time I have stayed at a Hastings hotel and what I love about their food is that it is all local produce and you can tell in the quality of food!! I would recommended this hotel to anyone!! I would also like to say that the staff in the hotel are excellent and are always there to please you

Reviewed December 14, 2012

This hotel may be seen as hidden but I stayed here last week after a night in the town. What a place? It was only £3 in a taxi to the city centre. It has 1 of the most luxurious lobby bars in the city and with multiple open fires it is perfect for luxury lounging! I stayed in a room on the 2nd floor and had such a comfortable bed. It has the pillow top mattress and I had a great nights sleep. Next morning I had a fantastic selection breakfast and the Gerry efficient and polite service from Barbara in the restaurant was 2nd to none. As I was checking out I had noticed the restaurant getting set up for the Sunday Lunch Buffet which looked top notch. I was sorry I had to leave but I will be back!
This really is a hidden gem.
Noel

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed here for two nights at a conference. Staff are fantastic very friendly and very helpful. Food is fantastic, Rooms are spacious and clean. My room was on the front facing the main road but did not hear a thing during the night due to the double glazing.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed at the Everglades for my Birthday in November. The hotel staff could not do enough for us they were so friendly and welcoming. The night staff were more than accommadating to my need for a late night snack. The room was fantastic, spacious and we recieved a lovely card from the very friendly manager welcoming us and hoping we enjoyed our stay a really lovely personal touch. The bed was really comfy and HUGE which was great as my boyfriend is very picky about where he sleeps. The hotel was so close to the town and the staff were able to advise us of the places to see and the easiest routes to take. Breakfast was great and the staff met us with pleasent friendly faces first thing as we had to leave very early. All in all it was a wonderful experience and I have already arranged another stay with my friends in the new year.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed at the 4* Everglades for two nights while on a trip to Derry. The value was great , butit was always going to be as I was using a Groupon deal - €150 for two nights B&B.

The hotel is about a 5 minute taxi from Derry's centre. The room was spacious and the bed was HUGE and really comfy. It was generally clean although the walls were a little grubby with some black 'scuff' marks from shoes etc.

The breakfast was tasty and there was a good range of continental and Irish type choices. We didn't have dinner there as it was Sunday and Monday night in November so the restaurant was empty. Also, I wanted to experience some of the nightlife in the town. If I was going back to Derry I would stay here. It's not a 'wow' hotel by any means but functional, good value and a welcome alternative to a Maldron! Rubber ducky was a nice touch too in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Stayed in 305. Awesome bed - huge and comfy.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience during your recent stay.
We really appreciate your kind words but also the feedback regarding the bedroom. This matter has been addressed and corrected.
We hope to welcome you back in the coming year.

Warm Regards