“A hidden gem.”

Everglades Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Derry
“A hidden gem.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

This hotel may be seen as hidden but I stayed here last week after a night in the town. What a place? It was only £3 in a taxi to the city centre. It has 1 of the most luxurious lobby bars in the city and with multiple open fires it is perfect for luxury lounging! I stayed in a room on the 2nd floor and had such a comfortable bed. It has the pillow top mattress and I had a great nights sleep. Next morning I had a fantastic selection breakfast and the Gerry efficient and polite service from Barbara in the restaurant was 2nd to none. As I was checking out I had noticed the restaurant getting set up for the Sunday Lunch Buffet which looked top notch. I was sorry I had to leave but I will be back!
This really is a hidden gem.
Noel

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Livingston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed here for two nights at a conference. Staff are fantastic very friendly and very helpful. Food is fantastic, Rooms are spacious and clean. My room was on the front facing the main road but did not hear a thing during the night due to the double glazing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Béal Feirste, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed at the Everglades for my Birthday in November. The hotel staff could not do enough for us they were so friendly and welcoming. The night staff were more than accommadating to my need for a late night snack. The room was fantastic, spacious and we recieved a lovely card from the very friendly manager welcoming us and hoping we enjoyed our stay a really lovely personal touch. The bed was really comfy and HUGE which was great as my boyfriend is very picky about where he sleeps. The hotel was so close to the town and the staff were able to advise us of the places to see and the easiest routes to take. Breakfast was great and the staff met us with pleasent friendly faces first thing as we had to leave very early. All in all it was a wonderful experience and I have already arranged another stay with my friends in the new year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed at the 4* Everglades for two nights while on a trip to Derry. The value was great , butit was always going to be as I was using a Groupon deal - €150 for two nights B&B.

The hotel is about a 5 minute taxi from Derry's centre. The room was spacious and the bed was HUGE and really comfy. It was generally clean although the walls were a little grubby with some black 'scuff' marks from shoes etc.

The breakfast was tasty and there was a good range of continental and Irish type choices. We didn't have dinner there as it was Sunday and Monday night in November so the restaurant was empty. Also, I wanted to experience some of the nightlife in the town. If I was going back to Derry I would stay here. It's not a 'wow' hotel by any means but functional, good value and a welcome alternative to a Maldron! Rubber ducky was a nice touch too in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Stayed in 305. Awesome bed - huge and comfy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
EvergladesManager, General Manager at Everglades Hotel, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience during your recent stay.
We really appreciate your kind words but also the feedback regarding the bedroom. This matter has been addressed and corrected.
We hope to welcome you back in the coming year.

Warm Regards

Neil Devlin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

My son and I stayed at the Everglades Hotel overnight to visit some family in Derry. We had the most enjoyable experience. The hotel itself is lovely, food is excellent as we had our dinner and breakfast there and the service was first class. The staff were very attentive and it was great value for money. I will definitely be using the Everglades again.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you so much for your lovely and gracious comments.
I am delighted our staff were able to meet your needs and I hope the Run went well for you.
I hope to welcome you back soon to the City and To The Everglades Hotel in what will surely be a memorable year for the City of Derry ~Londonderry as we host the City of Culture 2013.

Warm Regards

Neil Devlin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in the Everglades the night before running the Waterside Half Marathon this year. On checking in, the receptionist was extremely professional and friendly. She asked the reason for our stay and then offered an earlier breakfast if required. We had dinner in the bar, and were looking for a specific type of meal as a pre run meal. The staff were more than willing to accommodate and provided us with a very tasty dish that was just what I was after. The service was impeccable and it was a pleasure to stay there. A very nice looking hotel with a beautiful lobby, gorgeous fire and fantastic bedrooms, with everything you would need. I would most definitely stay in the Everglades again, and in fact will look forward to my next visit. Highly recommended!!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed in the Everglades for a week with my mother while my father was in Altnagelvin hospital for an operation. The staff were superb, going above and beyond for us. Leeanne and Aaron in particular were fantastic. My mother is pretty immobile and needed a wheelchair while we were there. Without being asked, Leeanne and Aaron arranged for one for us for the week. Greatly appreciated. The food was excellent with plenty of variety to keep us amused. The hotel has a large lounge area with an open fire and plenty of comfortable seating - easy to spend a few hours in. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family