“Reasonably priced, and plenty to keep you busy for at least a few hours”
Review of Tower Museum

Tower Museum
Ranked #8 of 116 things to do in Derry
More attraction details
Owner description: A museum explaining the political conflict that has shaped the city and the country: a must for those unfamiliar with Northern Ireland's war-torn past.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Entry price is very reasonable, and you are granted access to two exhibits, the story of the history of Derry and also a Spanish Armada exhibition. The museum caters to people of all ages. The tower museum looks like a castle turret, but with a modern entrance at the bottom. You can also check out the view from the roof. Staff were also very, very friendly, and the place was very clean, tidy - and air conditioned.

All reviews
in 109 reviews
"wrecked"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Good introduction to the history of Derry from pre-history to the present day. Some really impressive exhibits, which you can actually touch, which makes a nice change. Some very good multi-media pieces and plenty of hands on stuff for the kids. Don't miss out on the views from the roof. The lift says start on the 4th floor, but definitely go to the 5th! Staff were really friendly and helpful too.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

On my 27th Birthday last August I asked what I wanted to do for my birthday and I said, go to the Tower Museum. I hadn't been since I was in Primary School and the museum had since underwent extensive renovation. As a history of Derry buff I wanted to see everything again now that I was older and could understand its significance. The museum tells the story of the city from its first plantation, the Flight of the Earls, The Siege, Victorian times to present day. I have to admit I spent two hours in this section and was too late to go see the Spanish Armada collection which is up the stairs from the Derry section. I had a great day out, its brilliant for children round the age of 9 and upwards as well as adults who may learn something they never knew before like the company I had with me that day.

1  Thank TenaciousDee
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The museum in the old arsenal and lookout was a delightful place to visit, while away quite some time and to get some impressive views of Derry, Londonderry.