“Loved this restaurant”
Review of Cafe del Mondo - CLOSED

Cafe del Mondo
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cafe Del Mondo is a very popular award winning bistro in the historic centre of Derry City. Situated in the beautiful Craft Village it offers a high quality service and ambience. It offers a multicultural Bistro menu until 6pm and then an incredible evening menu until 11pm. Cafe Del Mondo offers great value for wholesome home made food sourced locally and where possible using only organic and ethically locally sourced produce. Don't miss this gem shining brightly in the City of Culture for 2013.Share the joy and love the City
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Soon after arriving at our B&B, we inquired as to a good place for dinner in Derry. Our hosts recommended Café Del Mondo and called for reservations. From the moment we walked in we were very impressed--the ambiance was awesome. We were seated at a nice table and enjoyed a glass of wine while selecting our dinner. Our meals were superb and we even had dessert (which we don't normally do!). The staff was very friendly and attentive. Now that we are back home we enjoy telling our friends about our travels, including Café del Mondo--definitely a highlight and great memories of a nice evening!

There are newer reviews for Cafe del Mondo

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

this is not paris, london or dublin. its derry, and to charge 7 quid for half a bowl of seafood chowder is terrible. the food was quite nice but prices are extortionate. I live in cardiff, an expensive city on the mainland and cafe del mondo makes every attempt ro match the prices of a bustling city.
very dissapointed

2  Thank derrykris
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I am a regular visitor to Derry-Londonderry for work. I popped into Cafe Del Mondo for a tea when it moved up to the Craft Village a couple of years ago. The place was busy and buzzing with excitement. I tried a beautiful cheesecake along with my tea and came back in the evening for one of the best meals I have ever tasted. The staff were so friendly and quirky and there was a real overall sense of being made feel very welcome.

I have read some of the reviews below and have never experienced any mistreatment in the many times I have visited since. And the food only seems to get better and better! They have added new dishes to the lunchtime menu which is a breath of fresh air to some of the more tired dishes in your typical cafe. You can tell everything is cooked fresh that day and the breads are just to die for!

The staff were very accommodating to my work colleague on my last trip, as she has some food allergies.

I couldn't recommend this cafe enough and hope it gets all the business it deserves this year! No doubt it will.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I visited Café Del Mondo last Saturday 13th April with my wife and I can’t be more praising of our experience!

From the moment we arrived we were greeted with the warmest service and were led straight to our table (we pre booked) and we were very glad that we did as the place got pretty full!

The food was absolutely amazin, 10/10 for taste and presentation! A lot of the menu is sourced locally which is a big plus for us! The 28 day aged Castlerock fillet steak, which I ordered medium rare, was cooked to perfection.

The staff were friendly and attentive and allowed us to enjoy our 3 courses at our own pace. Even after we finished eating we sat on to soak up the nice atmosphere (nice mix of contemporary background music) and order a few drinks, the staff were completely accommodating.

Over all it was a fine dining experience - amazing food, service in a relaxed, intimate and quite contemporary restaurant setting! We will certainly be back and we will be telling others of our experience! It ticked all the boxes for us which are food, service and atmosphere! Well done café del Mondo!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I went into cafe del mondo as I'd heard amazing reviews from friends and I wasn't disappointed the food was gorgeous, the atmosphere is cosy and relaxing the staff where so down to earth and very attentive would highly recommend and I will definitely be back.

thanks again sinead :-)