“Excellent”
Review of Browns

Browns
Ranked #2 of 188 Restaurants in Derry
Cuisines: Irish, European, British, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Derry, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I love all three branches of this restaurant. Lovely food, great service, friendly staff. We've been three times, and every time we were given a little taster of something. Very nice, because then you know something else you might try next time. Their desert platter, which lets you try several things as one dish, I thought was a very good idea.

• Visited November 2013
BrownsDerry, Manager at Browns, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thanks AnnikenTI, for your great review. We know what it is like to be torn on what to choose, so we like to serve dishes that allow you to feel like you haven't missed out; for example our 'Taste of local seafood' starter or our 'Assiette of Desserts' as you mentioned. We're glad that you enjoyed your meal, and hopefully we will see you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful - and a great vegetarian menu”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

An evening out with colleagues could have not been nicer - customer service was second to none.

As a vegetarian I am used to eating around menus (can you do that without the protein ) but to my surprise there was a full vegetarian menu which led me to the most wonderful food - the flavours remain vivid in my memory! Everyone else ate from the Main menu and it looked like food from the top London restaurants.
Thank you for a wonderful evening - we all enjoyed it

BrownsDerry, Manager at Browns, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thank you Samanthkc, for such a lovely review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your evening and we hope to see you back again soon.
Dublin Ireland
“Wonderful food, professional and charming service”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I was part of a business group of 20 plus people and each and every one of us were impressed with this restaurant. The chef has a special talent for maximising local ingredients and putting a new culinary twist to the dish. The restaurant manager and staff are very welcoming and made us all feel we were very valued customers, well done to all involved

Visited November 2013
BrownsDerry, Manager at Browns, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you DublinIrelandPeter, for your kind review. We are very happy to hear that everyone enjoyed their evening and we look forward to seeing you again.
“Catering for special dietary requirements”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

On a visit to Derry for the new Choral Festival in October, my family and I went to Browns for dinner. I have an allergy to cow's milk and have found that it is extremely difficult to find restaurants who will cater for this as there is cream, milk, butter or cheese in nearly every dish. I usually end up with dry meat, steamed veg and no dessert.
When I communicated my needs to our server, I expected her to tell what I couldn't have and leave it at that. Not the case. She took the menu to consult with the chef and for every item I couldn't have, they presented me with a delicious alternative. After a wonderful starter and main course, I was resigned to not having dessert as this is usually the case. Again, Browns came up trumps. Without me even asking, our server came to me and offered me sorbet with fruit which I gratefully accepted. When it arrived, it wasn't just a bowl of chopped up fruit. The chef had gone to trouble to caramelise finely sliced apples served with a mouth watering cherry sorbet.
I have finally found a place who not only catered for my needs, they went above and beyond to provide me with a wonderful tasty meal which included dessert!! Well done Browns, on your fantastic staff and food. I will definitely be back.

• Visited October 2013
BrownsDerry, Manager at Browns, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thanks Niamh G, for such a great review. We always do our best to cater to any dietary requirements and the chefs are always more than happy to create beautiful dishes to suit any needs. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your meal so much and we hope to see you back again soon.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Perfect dining experience”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Just returned (17/11) from a very enjoyable trip to L'Derry to view the Turner exhibition after an excellent relaxing lunch at Brown's. (Travelled from Antrim by train, which arrives close to Brown's - £7 return from anywhere in NI on Sundays; very civilised.) The 3 course lunch for c£20 is exceptional value due to the high standard of the food, the presentation of every course and the quality of the staff. The decor and atmosphere in the restaurant were just perfect too - hence the title.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank KenandLizziP
BrownsDerry, Manager at Browns, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you KenandLizziP, for such kind words. We were very glad you enjoyed everything about your experience at Browns and we hope to see you back again.