“Quality food! Perfect!”

Ranked #40 of 194 Restaurants in Derry
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located on the ground floor of Da Vinci's Hotel Complex, The Grillroom Restaurant in Derry City is a destination in its own right. This 120 cover restaurant serves modern Irish cuisine courtesy of Head Chef Declan Hutton and his team, with menus changing seasonally.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great choice, top quality and very well priced. My wife who is Asian is very hard to please no matter where we eat, as she finds most foods quite bland which does not include her usual spices. However Da Vinci's has been the FIRST EVER where they ticked all the boxes upon her request for some spice added to the cod and then sea bass the following night, totally loved it and they even provided a hot sauce which even my wife found challenging. I had steak both nights with the champ and cooked perfect each time.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I am a veggie and I had a great meal, there was also quite a good selection to suit my particular diet. nice restaurant, beautifully decorated.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We popped in to this restaurant whilst in Derry for a night away.

The restaurant is aesthetically very pleasing for a night out; dim lights, attractively set tables and sharply dressed staff.

The menu looks good and the wine menu contains all my favourites. All good so far.

But unfortunately the food really lets it down which is such a shame. Everything tasted like it has been reheated several times; maybe it hadn't but that is how it tasted. There were also a lot of staff who seem to be walking around very quickly but not working efficiently as a team. I think we were served by about 6 different members of staff. Our wine was taken back because they couldn't find us despite us sitting next to the bar!

A great shame.

2  Thank MrsSIbbs
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Food just average - tables uneven legs! Cleanliness not up to standard expected from this type of hotel

2  Thank Tompsy
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We went here twice during our stay in Derry . They catered for our family reunion the second time. the staff were fantastic and the food was excellent. We all enjoyed our meals and they couldn't do enough for us. it made for a very enjoyable night.

1  Thank Kd68Cairns_Australia