“Lovely”

Flaming Jacks
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We aim to achieve and maintain such distinction in food and wine, service, atmosphere and setting that the restaurant gains a first class reputation for great food, gracious and informed hospitality, comfort and beauty which draws new and repeat customers year after year
“Lovely”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I ate in flamin jacks on friday the 13th, i was dining alone and i have no complaints staff were friendly and professional with being invasive. The food came promptly and was at the correct tempature and was so tasty. I would go back to flamin jacks again and i would recommend it to others

• Visited September 2013

Moygashel
“Nice for a quick bite”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I ventured into Flaming Jacks during the Fleadh, and have to say I was pleasantly surprised! Upon entereing I got the feeling they wanted a quick turnover when the waiter asked "Your just in for a qucick bite yea", which was understandable due to the high numbers in the city at the time, but at no time after this were we made to feel like they wanted us out.

They have nice, friendly staff, a good selection on the Menu, and best of all good food. We both opted for burgers, which were nicely made and tasted great! Next time we're in the Maiden City, we will call back!

Hamilton, Virginia
“Very Nice Dinner. Lots of Menu Selections”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Flaming Jacks is a fine place within the city for dinner. I have not tried their lunch menu. The night we were there, the restaurant was very crowded and rather noisy, but hey, it's also a bar too. The menu selections were vast and everything was reasonably priced. Our servers were not particularly friendly, but our meals came out of the kitchen exactly as we ordered. The one unusual thing that I noticed was that during the course of our meal, we must have had five different servers. Our meals were all excellent and we were all glad that we selected Flaming Jacks for dinner. We were there on a Saturday so there was live Irish music being performed.
In summary, I would recommend Flaming Jacks if you're looking for a good dinner option in Derry.

“Cardinal sin”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I ate in Flamin Jacks during the recent Fleadh Cheoil Na hÉireann and I really was not impressed. The city was busy but the restaurant wasn't overly busy and they had brought in extra staff to cope better. In fact our first waitress was only there her second day and she was lovely. She took our order promptly and engaged in a bit of banter while doing so! I ordered a cheese burger, as did one of my friends but she asked for no onions. Our food came and my friend got her cheese burger with meat and melted mozzarella in a bun. I got my "cheese burger" with meat, lettuce, tomato and onion..but no cheese! No cheese?! In a cheese burger?!? I really like cheese. When the waiter came with our sides I pointed out to him that I didn't have any cheese on my cheese burger. He sarcastically asked me did I order cheese so I sarcastically replied that I ordered a cheese burger. He gruffly told me to give it to him, he snatched it from my hands and returned it to the kitchen. A while later he returned with two slices of processed cheese slices flung on top and practically threw the plate at me. I flicked off the orange rubber layer immediately and ate my burger whilst my friend sat opposite me with her yummy melted mozzarella oozing out the sides. I really like cheese. This wasn't good enough. Cardinal sin.

Turin, Italy
“Very good dinner at a reasonable price”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had dinner in this restaurant with my family this august. We had not reserved, the place was crowded (but not noisy) but the staff was very kind and found us a table in a short time. There was traditional music being played and the atmosphere was great! Even my daughter of 13 appreciated it. The food was very good. She had chicken goujons while my husband had a rancho burger, with bacon and mushroom. He said it was delicious and it looked so!! I had an irish sirloin steak and it was good just as much. It is not expensive, great value for food...in fact we reserved for the next day!!