“Can be spotty but more hits than misses”
Review of Flaming Jacks - CLOSED

Flaming Jacks
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We aim to achieve and maintain such distinction in food and wine, service, atmosphere and setting that the restaurant gains a first class reputation for great food, gracious and informed hospitality, comfort and beauty which draws new and repeat customers year after year
NJ
“Can be spotty but more hits than misses”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

As a visitor to the city I've eaten here several times in the last three years and done well on each occasion but have also observed others who were not so pleased. The staff are very friendly and generally knowledgeable about their products. Most meals are vaguely Continental-American. We were seated at a table for six backed by a heavyweight ornate mirror and well positioned for access to the bathroom. We just missed getting in ahead of a large party from a tour bus who were seated on the second floor and were served first; a steady stream of filled plates disappeared upstairs but the staff kept pace with orders from other patrons too. Meanwhile two of us had a concoction made up of alternating chunks of steak and pork on hanging skewers, a third took salmon and a fourth chose salad. Two young kids had pasta with red (simple tomato based) sauce. The meat and fish eaters were pleased, the salad eater was satisfied and the kids barely touched their plates. I can't remember our opinions about dessert but they were not negative. We walked away amply fed and watered, modestly lighter of cash and appreciative of the friendly staff, especially the man from Oz.

• Visited July 2013

Oskaloosa, Kansas
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were given recommendations to eat here when we rolled into town. Oh how we wish we had tried some where else. The staff was friendly and the restaurant was nice. The food however was awful. I ordered a steak and it had so much fat and gristle on it I had to spit out a bite because I was unable of chewing it enough to swallow. The food was bland and visibly unattractive. I had about a whole can of stewed tomatoes dumped on my steak. We would not recommend to anyone to eat here. Look somewhere else!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Amber B
Dungannon, United Kingdom
“Good atmosphere and great service”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Tables were all busy when we got there but the staff got us accommodated quickly and were honest over the wait - food was beautiful so well worth the wait!

Visited April 2013
Montpellier, France
“Nice restaurant and decent meal”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

It was the second time I had been to this restaurant and it was a lot better than the first time. First time I wasn't thrilled with the food while the second time it was significantly better, which shows that the dishes are not equally good. While the food is prepared reasonably well and fast there are some touches that give it more of a fast food sense, especially for the price of the plates. I am probably making it sound worse than it actually is but I have eaten better and with less. The atmosphere is very nice however and the staff very helpful and informative to help you choose if you are indecisive. I must note though that the desert was excellent.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Giorgos Z
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
“lovely meal”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

had a lovely meal on a busy saturday night, 4 adults main course and dessert and drinks 82.00 great value and really tasty.

• Visited June 2013