“Warm & generous hospitality”
Review of Caw Cottage B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Derry
Caw Cottage B&B
Ranked #7 of 44 Derry B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Dympna and Jim are the wonderful owners of this excellent bed & breakfast in Londonderry. there's a lot that's great about Caw Cottage but the excellent hospitality was the standout. it felt like i was staying at a friend's place.
The room, and indeed the entire cottage, had a comfortable, homely feel. the breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Caw Cottage B&B

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed here over the weekend. I was on my own. Both owners couldn't do enough to help me out. I was collected at the bus stop by the husband. He dropped me back down to the town later. It was great as I didn't have to deal with taxis or buses. The breakfast was lovely plus lovely chat with the husband and wife. I will definitely be recommending this place and I will go back again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank SundayGame
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Arrived quite late but made very welcome, great room followed by a great breakfast all in all can not fault caw cottage, will recommend to the firm I work for that we use the cottage for future stays in the north west

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank byg13
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We’re just home from an overnight stay at Caw Cottage where we caught the last day of the Turner Prize in Derry and sampled the local cuisine at renowned Brown’s Restaurant & Champagne Lounge.
We now know why Caw Cottage is Trip Advisor's No.1 rated B&B in Derry and it’s deserved. A warm welcome, great coffee, excellent breakfast and engaging hosts in a cosy ‘home from home’ environment - the perfect combination. Jim and Dee are doing a great job welcoming visitors to Derry. Thank you.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elaine G
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I spent just one night here , I came to visit family who live in the city . Jim and Dympna go out of their way to make you feel welcome and 'at home' . I liked the room & decor . Dympna makes a healthy Irish breakfast which is second to none !

there is no formality here which is very refreshing . . . . highly recommended

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Brigid m
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The warm welcome I received upon arriving late in the evening will be well remembered. Jim and Dee go beyond expectation to make you feel at home and comfortable. They anticipated my love of herbal tea in the evening, when I got home Jim would put the kettle on. Dee's breakfasts were filling and delicious, everything is as organic as possible, she makes her own delicious bread and serves fresh fruit.
Jim and Dee are both friendly and conversational. Dee drove me into the city so I would not need to drive on the left in heavy rain. On the way she took me to two locations that would only be known to a local. She also drove me on the route out of Derry so I would have a sense of where I was going when I drove to the airport in the dark. Additionally I had to wear a fascinator to a wedding, Dee was able to have her hair dresser come to Caw Cottage to do my hair and attach the fascinator on the day of the wedding which I was there to attend.
Their understanding of the history of Derry was illuminating. This was truly a memorable visit, more than can be expected in friendliness, helpfulness and making a guest feel like they are at home. Jim as a true Irishman is quite a storyteller with a great sense of humor! I stayed at Caw Cottage for four nights

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank lbm1217
Reviewed December 4, 2013

What a truly wonderful place to stay; Jim and Dee treated us like old friends or members of the family, they were fantastic hosts.

We were greeted with a huge smile and a cup of tea with yummy biscuits, the whole place had the definite homely feeling with cute and cosy rooms and decoration. Jim managed to use his connections to squeeze us in for dinner at the Quay West Restaurant in the city centre (on an extremely busy night), and upon our return to the room, we had an iced water jug with lemon left outside the room. My partner had fallen into a river earlier in the day (don't ask!) and we found that Jim had kindly dried his jeans and socks :-)

Dee rustled up a filling, tasty breakfast in the morning, with freshly baked soda bread (we asked for the recipe!) which was made with local produce, and left us full for a day trip across to the Giants Causeway.

We came to Caw Cottage after getting engaged in the morning and the friendly, warming nature of Jim and Dee made this trip even more special. It goes without saying that we would highly recommend this B&B and will be returning again in the future, perhaps after we are married!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple