“Adrian knight hypnotist”
Review of Waterfoot Hotel

Waterfoot Hotel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Derry
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I can really recommend this hotel for a great nite out we went to the Adrian knight the hypnotist cabaret night and I must say everything was fantastic the food staff and entertainment and it was all for an amazing price of £35 pound what more could you want.

• Stayed: May 2013
HelenSt, Manager at Waterfoot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

I am delighted to hear you had a very enjoyable evening at the Adrian Knight Hypnotist event on 11th May. Great food, great staff & service with lots of laughs were the perfect combination for a great night out. I do hope we will see you & your friends back at the next Adrian Knight evening on 7th September.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a great hotel if you are doing business in the area, with free and quick wifi in all areas, and a very good and well priced restaurant. The hotel is also only 10 minutes from the airport.
The staff, especially at reception are warm, friendly, and efficient, and the rate is very competitive for a hotel of this quality in the area.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Andrew L, Manager at Waterfoot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2015

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed here for 2nights from 3rd-5th May during the Jazz festival. I arrived before my friend who's flight had been delayed, and I thought since the room was booked I her name I would probably have to wait to check-in, but no, the girl on reception was lovely and let me check in as long as she had a card to pre-authorise. All rooms are on the one level in this hotel, which to me was quirky! Now, here's why I've only given a 3star review, the reception area looked like something out of a glossy magazine, it looked like it had been recently refurbished and "stunning" is the only word I can use to describe it. The theme however doesn't continue... a soon as you leave reception it looks like you've been transported to a cheaper (well known) branded hotel and when I opened the door to or room it looked again like a room in this well known branded hotel. The room itself was tidy, clean and just what we wanted, but the amount of wood in the room was, well, a bit OTT in my opinion. The bathroom could also do with a complete make-over, the suite itself like something (again just my opinion) from the 1980s, it was cream in colour, and the floor tiles could have done with a good scrub along with the wall tiles too. Yes it was clean but not in keeping with the impression you get from the modern décor at reception. The shower was ok, not the best in the world but I've stayed in worse. when my friend arrived we thought we'd just stay around the hotel that night and grab some food and drinks. We weren't aware we had to book a table for the restaurant and grabbed table, only to be told "Oh you can't sit here, have you booked?" Can't remember the guys name but he did say to come up to bar and he'd find a table for us. DID HE HECK, we stood for around 10mins without him coming anywhere near us, so we left. It states on the hotels website that they offer "Free Complimentary Taxi's" so we asked for a taxi and headed into the city centre to find a restaurant that was still open (by this time it was around 9pm) The reception failed to tell us that in order to get the "free" taxi you have to ASK for the voucher, (which we didn't know) Fair enough it is only £4 to city centre, but that's not the point. We didn't make the same mistake the next night when heading to the millennium forum, although just check that whoever you ask for the voucher actually signs it as or taxi driver wasn't for accepting it as it was unsigned. Overall the hotel is okay, but next time I'm back in Derry I don't think I'll be staying, mostly because of location, as there is more central hotels in city centre at around the same price which I'm sure will provide a better service.

Room Tip: If you can afford it book the suites as I'm sure they'll be nicer than the "standard&qu...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank xscotslassx

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in April and found the hotel really good. Lots of free car parking spaces and a complimentary taxi into the city in a few minutes. Food great and staff excellent. Would recommend anyone to book the City Tours Derry walking tour. I will be back

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and l stayed at the Waterfoot 2nd and 3rd May and we had a very positive experience. From the onset, staff were very friendly and welcoming. We stayed in the Ambassador suite, which was very spacious, beautifully decorated, had a large flat screen TV and a large Jacuzzi bath. We enjoyed the breakfasts and the two evening meals and the entertainment on the Friday night was a bonus. We also had a personalized tour of the City of Londonderry and it was very professional and informative. Will definitely be back to walk the City walls and visit some of the many attractions. All in all, we had a great time and a very relaxing break. :-)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 29, 2013

ate here on sunday the 28th april during our meal a customer at another table asked for mash and the waiter rather in going to the kitchen for more just bluntly walked over to my table and lifted a bowl of have eaten mash and laid it on the other table this customer was not even part of our group wtf.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
HelenSt, Manager at Waterfoot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Little00715 - It was a pleasure to read your recent review following your visit to the Waterfoot Hotel.
I am delighted you enjoyed the hospitality and friendliness of the staff and I will pass your kind comments on to the team. I understand you visited on a short business trip so we would be delighted to welcome you and your wife back for a weekend break as indicated. TRhank you once again for your feedback, it is very much appreciated.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Although I only stayed for 1 night it felt much longer.The staff were so friendly and welcoming and nothing was too much trouble.Bedroom was spacious and very comfortable.The only meal I had in the hotel was breakfast which again was very good.The restaurant was very modern and had a real classy look.This was a short business trip but will definitely be back for a leisure weekend with my wife.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HelenSt, Manager at Waterfoot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

YOU HAVE POSTED THIS UNDER THE WRONG REVIEW - PLEASE CHANGE!
IT HAS BEEN POSTED UNDER SERVICE WHEN IT SHOULD BE HOSPITAILITY FIRST CLASS

30 April 2013
I am delighted you enjoyed the hospitality and friendliness of the staff and I will pass your kind comments on to the team. I understand you visited on a short business trip so we would be delighted to welcome you and your wife back for a weekend break as indicated. Thank you once again for your feedback, it is very much appreciated.