“Lovely Place”

Katie Jaynes
Ranked #6 of 9 Restaurants in Saintfield
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Katie Jaynes restaurant & coffee house - the best option for traditional wholesome food, all freshly cooked to order. Daily specials and off-peak offers. Wide range of freshly baked desserts and tray bakes.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Traveling through Saintfield my wife and I decided to stop for a coffee. On entering we were greeted by a Gentleman who showed us to a table. When I said we only wanted coffee he replied no problem. Looking around the place I was impressed by the cleanness of the place. We decided to have a fruit scone with our coffee. When the scone and coffee was brought to us it was tastefully laid out the butter and jam in small Delphi dishes no plastic containers. I have never tasted a scone like it and was full of fruit I mentioned to the Gentleman how nice it was and he told me he makes them himself. I definitely will be back to sample a main meal which there were a good variety off on the menu and all reasonably priced.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I visited this quant restaurant today while on holidays with my family from scotland. I found the place to be so beautiful and clean. On our arrival we were greated by a handsome gentleman who was very kind and polite and showed us to our seat, was very prompt with us and asked if we wanted a drink and he also had a little joke with us about the weather which made us feel at home instantly.

Then when it was time to order the gentleman came over and took our order again in a humours and polite manner. We didnt have long to wait for the food to come which was very good as it was a warm day and we wanted to enjoy the sun. Whilst waiting on the food my husband went to the tiolet and came back and said " this place is spotless" which im gathering he meant the toilets and everywhere on the way to the toilet but as i could see for myself it was spotless.

Now, Now the food.............

as the heading says it was OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!! I always consider myself a good cook but this was mouth watering, instantly you could tell it was homemade ( slightly jealous) but it was beautiful. I had an open prawn sandwhich and the kids had goujons and chips, and my husband had Cream of Mushroom and smoked bacon soup followed by steak and guiness pie which came with potaotes and veg.

When the plates were clean they were lifted and we were asked if we wanted anything else to which i said i have to have one of those desserts i see. i had to get a cheesecake it was crunchy honeycomb cheesecake which was to die for.

And then we got the bill, i thought were was a mistake, but there wasnt and to my amazment it was a bargain too. i didnt think it could get any better but the prices were more than reasonable.

i definately would not hesitate in recommending Katie Jaynes to anyone i know it was amazing,
Food 10/10
Service 10/10 again the handsome gentleman
Presentation 101/10
Surroundings 10/10

overall 10/10

Thank you very much to the gentleman and the chef excellent work keep it up

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Have visited this restaurant several times over the past few months and have found both the food and service excellent, would recommend it to anyone who likes a good meal at a reasonable price.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have started to visit this cafe each Thursday evening for my tea as my wife works late, I always get a warm welcome and feel very comfortable, even when eating alone. I have not yet had a bad meal and would highly recommend this place

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Called in on spec today to the restaurant/coffee shop. Am heavily pregnant & apart from desperatly needing a cup of tea also desperatly needed the loo!! Place is spotlessly clean. We decided to have lunch when we were there & the fella that run the place, Im taking it he was the owner, was very on the ball, had an interest in every customer that came through the door & accommodated peoples wants & needs. Food was excellent, plenty of it & it was hot. All the cutlery, crockery etc was clean, & yes although it was May there was an open fire lit, very quaint! Price was very good value. Will definately go back, keep up the good work!!