“So luxurious, a real treat” 5 of 5 bubbles

Slieve Donard Spa
Holywood, , United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“So luxurious, a real treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Was bought a weekend away as a treat. This is one of the best spa facilities I have ever seen. Enormous windows where you can relax on a lounger, yet feel you are on the beach with the waves almost lapping your toes. Great staff and fabulous pool and other treatment rooms. Had a great massage too. Please someone, buy me another weekend like that one!

Visited August 2012

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Visited the spa for the day for a treatment and relaxation as been before and was one of my favourite spas in northern Ireland. Not anymore! For the cons set out below, will not be rushing back.
Cons:
1. no access to separate spa facilities when quiet. This was advertised, however did really change the experience as have to share changing facilities with gym members and general pool so not as relaxed atmosphere given they are there for different reasons.
2. Previous visit had pre treatment consultation/questionnaire about skin: didn't happen this time
3. Previous visit had a choice of lighting in treatment room, not this time and had bright orange lighting!
4. Previous visit the beautician explained products used and gave a card with details of products used. This time at end of visit no detail was given.
5. Reception staff not overly helpful!
Pros:
1. Amazing scenery
2. Great facilities in spa area (not open on my visit)
3. Lovely treatment rooms and very clean

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent Facilities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Me and my mum enjoyed an afternoon at this spa which was complimentary as we were staying in the hotel and really enjoyed it. The spa is modern and very clean with views of the beach and mountains which you could look at all day. The atmosphere was relaxed with patrons reading magazines on loungers. Would definitely go back again.

Visited February 2013
Northern Ireland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“A lovely birthday treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

The hotel is gorgeous and so grand, from the outside to the inside. It is very family friendly and much more relaxed than I thought it would be. The Spa is a place of calm and serenity! We booked treatments for 5pm and afterwards we enjoyed the jacuzzi, steam room sauna, relaxation rooms, etc all to ourselves!! Wonderful! We didn't want to leave. It was great being able to wear the slippers provided back to the rooms - in fact it made it difficult to get motivated to get showered and ready for dinner, as afterwards we felt so chilled and relaxed. The Spa treatments were good, but I have to say I have had much better from local salons and neither my sister or I felt they lasted as long as they were advertised.

My beautician was very nice and didn't chat much (I hate when someone chats and all you want is quiet), which was wonderful as I wanted to just enjoy in peace and quiet. The relaxation room and areas afterwards go some way to making the expensive nature of treatments worthwhile. Great views and location - even in the evening it was lovely! Would be lovely during the day, but I would say it could be quite busy at times!

It is a very nice thing to do, however some improvements could be made - it would have been nice to have been offered a cap for my hair whist I was having the massage.

I feel very lucky to have been given this as a present, but feel the treatments could last longer!

Visited January 2013
Ballymena, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Slieve Donard Spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

The use of the spa was complimentary with the 2 night stay. We used the spa facilities each day and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Visited October 2012