“Good food”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 11, 2013

From the outside the premises doesn't look great, but the food is super - had gone there on our last visit to Newcastle, and again this time meal was brilliant

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Went on 6th August for a late lunch/early tea, service was excellent, we were sat in the "snug" overlooking the beach. We ordered Chicken with creamy mash and Italian sizzling chicken with chips, both meals were served HOT and were FIRST CLASS, more restaurant standard than pub standard... Wasn't going to have a dessert but was tempted by the hostess.. Pavlova or heaven on a plate...... I would definitely recommend Diamond Pat's to anyone.. I also viewed other people's meals and DIDN'T see a frozen chip or processed fish in sight!!!! All I can say is keep up the good work and well done to the chef his food was lovely!!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have been to this place about 2 years ago and could of only describe it as good quality food good service and a comfortable surrounding. So naturally I wanted to go back again after convening my family to eat here I got it wrong. The Place has been bought over in the last year or so and it is easy to tell. The staff really did not want to be there it was very obvious. The food was awful. We had one child meal and 3 adult meals, the child fish fingers were so hard she could not eat them. The chips were skinny frozen fries that had been cooked in dirty oil. The cod my mum ordered was the perfect square shape so clearly processed. My sister got a chicken pie, the lid of the pie could have been used as a door stop.
I ordered the steak sandwich , the steak was just awful, I was not expecting gourmet at a pub but eatable food at least. I highly recommend avoiding this place. It is not how it used to be. Very disappointed family.

3  Thank vickimagee2013
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Myself and my husband visited diamond pats early on Sunday afternoon so we weren't surprised to see it nearly empty considering it was only about 12.30 pm, after being asked to sit upstairs to dine I explained my husband was blind and it was easier to stay downstairs, this was accepted by the barman. Barman quickly took our drinks order and then our food order, this is where it started to go wrong, we waited and waited and waited, another table came in after us and were served before us! The food eventually arrived COLD. I can understand service slipping slightly if the bar is really busy but this bar was practically empty! The barman was constantly reading his newspaper. We asked the barman for desserts which were very nice albeit served with soup spoons! Finally we got up to pay our bill and leave and that was the only time the barman even smiled, so come on Diamond Pats do yourselves a favour and do something about your uninterested staff, money is hard enough to come by without throwing it away on extremely poor hospitality service.

3  Thank Horacenorris
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Come hear all the time pints of magners lovely. But from under new owners food portions are smaller than usual but nice food and nice place to telex for a few cold ones