“Yes indeed!”

Shimna Diner
Ranked #22 of 59 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
belfast
“Yes indeed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I agree with the previous reviewer that the Shimna serves the best scones in Newcastle. I have had them every time I visit and they are soft and light and heavenly and reasonably priced compared to the fancy coffee shops in the area.do yourself a favour and call in for a coffee and a scone. You won,t be disappointed. I have tried all the coffee shops in Newcastle so I know what I,m talking about.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank ladybirdBelfast

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Best scones in Newcasle!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

We've been calling into this little cafe for a good few years now, for a pitt stop, when shopping. It serves good honest food at reasonable prices. We have , on ossasion had a lovely breakfast fry, for an early treat, but our favourite is the tea and SCONES. Believe me when I say we've been disappointed by scones in other places, and these are fabulous. Big, fresh, and served warm if you wish. Another comforting thing is that they are covered uner a display stand ( unlike some other places), where the scones are out in the open where flies etc can light on them, and worse- people touch them , and cough over them! Ugh! You can have a regular dinner here also, which is of very good quality. The place has had a makeover recently, and is lovely and fresh and clean.The staff are friendly.

• Visited October 2012