“Newcastle 2013”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Nice place with friendly people and cosy atmosphere. Food was lovely with very good prices.We ordered the steak platter for two portion was great and well presented.

There are newer reviews for Stone Boat Restaurant at The Harbour House Inn

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Called at the harbour and ordered the steak platter for 2. We had enjoyed this several times previously but on this occasion were severely disappointed. The steaks we received were like 2 rashers of bacon! The couple at the table opposite had considerably thicker steaks so there was a real inconsistency in portion control. This experience I,m afraid left me reluctant to return.
I agree with previous reviewers that the quality is hit and miss. Last year I called in to the restaurant with 3 friends and the meal was very poor. I too. Had to apologise to my friends after recommending the place. Don't think I,d take a chance here again. There are other great restaurants offering good value for money with consistently good service and quality in the area.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

had heard this was a good place to eat. restaurant could do with some decorating and furniture very dated. food was ok but very average. bit pricey for what u got.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I ordered the fish pie but always have to try the seafood chowder everywhere we go. Both were delicious!!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Only been there the once but I found the sea food to be excellent. We do plan to go back some time in the near future.