“Average - get what you pay for”

Stone Boat Restaurant at The Harbour House Inn
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2012

If you are looking for a cheap meal this is fine. Don't expect fine dining. The mussels are good, but everything on the seafood platter is fried and greasy.... Far from healthy.
Chips were undercooked

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We returned to The Harbour House after an enjoyable stay last year. We were a group of 20, an amateur dramatic society having performed in the Newcastle Centre. Despite the large number, everything went really well, and the staff couldn't do more to help. The food was excellent, and great value. They're running a main course and bottle of wine for 2 at £29.99, including steak with no extra charge. I had it on the 1st night, and found it very tasty. Portions are great and they dont skimp on quality despite the price. I had the fish shellfish platter the 2nd night, it had batted fresh cod, salmon, prawns, mussels & oysters. Excellent! Some of our party had the chicken and it was great too! Breakfast, was hearty and, again, good quality. The usual cereals, juices and choice of cooked breakfast. The rooms aren't the most comfortable, but are clean & cosy, and the bar has a genuine, eclectic old world charm that so many modern bars try and fail to replicate. I can't recommend the jewel of an Inn highly enough. I'll be back at any opportunity! Thanks to all the staff and owners.

2  Thank BelfastMurf
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Myself and two chums went for dinner on Monday night. The restaurant was very quiet that night. The bar man was very helpful and brought us our menus promptly and the boards with the specials and gave us plenty of time to choose as we were catching up on gossip at the same time. I had the Goats Cheese Tartlet as starter, yummy! Two of us then had steak and chips, I'd had steak there before and again it was amazing and cooked to perfection with pepper sauce on the side. My chums had desserts and again enthused about them. Will definately be back.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I have no idea about the food. But the Musicians were fantastic! My friend was celebrating her birthday here and I stopped in, as it was a Sunday night and I had to get up Monday Morning, I was not planning to stay too long, but the music was so good, I found it hard to leave. There were 10-15 local musicians with various instruments, all crammed into a corner, and they were great. I found out that, a lot of these guys Jam at different venues around Newcastle throughout the week!! I am surprised it isn't more widely know about.....

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Try the chefs platter,comes on a large round dish packed with two steaks surronded with about 4 different vegetables,garlic pots,chips tomatoes,battered mushrooms and a free bottle of red,white,or rose wine,for non drinkers they could have soft drinks,You'll not have any room left to try their sweets which are also to die for..don't miss getting this meal

1  Thank joysee42