“Tollymore”

Book In Advance
More Info
$72.68*
and up
Full-Day Trip from Belfast: The Ultimate Game of Thrones Experience including...
Ranked #1 of 27 things to do in Newcastle
United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Tollymore”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

A magnificent resource for walking and looking for deer and red squirrels amongst other animals. It's a former park of a country house (now demolished) with several oddly turretted estate buildings remaining. Good river walk and more stenuous forest walks. Sadly a bit run down and neglected due to staff cuts and an 'unofficial' presumption by certain parts of the management to focus on making money out of selling the trees and discouage tourists.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank David A

• Finnish first
Dundrum, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Beautiful park”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Loved the walks, the river, the bridges and the variety of the different paths. The grandchildren loved running ahead and exploring every new thing.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Irene M
Northern Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great walks”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

A good variety of walks for all abilities. Lovely forest and river walks with some historic features.

Visited October 2011
Belfast
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Caravanning at tollymore”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I go to tollymore all year round in my touring van and absolutely love it here as it's peaceful and I love the walks. Regarding the influx of travellers I totally agree however have learnt from staff at tollymore these are romanies and not the usual (for fear of not being pc dare I say it) Irish travellers who in my opinion and experience are a disaster to try and live along side. I spent many a weekend living in tollymore with the romanies and have not yet had any problems, where as in previous years this differed immensely with being tortured for drink food etc daily. This is not a travellers site and I do believe they should not be there however I was informed they are what is keeping this park open through the winter due to regular upfront payment. There was talk two years ago of tollymore closing and two buyers were interested but pulled out. So I am grateful the forest commission haven't closed it but I do think if they are going to let them in they should be segregated from holiday makers due to their extra living accommodation (for want of a better word) stopping holiday makers from having sites. I will continue to travel to tollymore throughout winter but if I experience what we did two years ago again I won't be returning. A simple coded gate would prevent people coming in the exit in the early hours of the morning. I wish I could afford tollymore camp site I'd snap it up and make massive changes.

Visited September 2012
4 Thank Lisa M
belfast
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“travellers site”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

tollymore has always been the best site for a long or short visit as the views and walks are unbeatable but on our last few visits it is apparent the place has been taken over by the travelling community !!.. i witnessed water supply running via hose to washing machines ,car trailors parked full of equipment in caravan bays (which probably were paid for ) but the caravan bays are for caravans are the not ? regardless of the payment are they not for tourists etc it seems the travelling community have made this site their home and the site owners are willing to turn a blind eye to the goings on which are numerous by the travelling cumminity but would not be tolerated by the ordinary caravan visitor.Is tollymore not a tourist attraction? or is it a semi domicile address for those who are not tourists?

Visited September 2012