“great for day out”

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“great for day out”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

this was a last minute day out its not to far and is just so peaceful and there is always plenty of families here.

Belfast, United Kingdom
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Very good cardio walk up to Cloughmore Stone”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Great place to go for a walk at the weekend I recently visited Kilbroney and parked in the bottom carpark at the restaurant and took a walk right up the mountain to the Cloughmore Stone the weather was miserable but the views and the walk where amazing I cant wait for my next walk to Kilbroney hopefully on a Summers day to see even more of the views of carlingford lough.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank jayw87
Newry, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Parks, Grass, Water, Trees, Campsite, Mountains”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Always love Kilbroney Park from a young age, living in Newry, its a great place to go on any sunny day, with a picnic and a few drinks! The place is great to go if your walking, driving, cycling and anything else and is a must see place around the mourne

Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 195 helpful votes
“Great site but Mr Camper Van Man is spoiling it!”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I stayed in this place last summer again. I have to say it is clean, safe & has some amazing walks on the doorstep. I have however found that its become less acommodating for the person with a tent. This is due to the "Camper van" possie who just cant be doing with dirty old tent people cluttering up their space I fear! My wife & I are professionals, are well mannered & not in the least load. We have a great tent which we love to picth there but found even on the last few occations less & less tent space. Alot of signs up saying no camping in this area etc. Even noticed alot of people being approched buy Camper Van Man and told "You cant tent there". I mean whats that about! Also if there is a load group the security can do nothing about it but wait till morning to remove them....what goods that in the morning. I still think its a good site but there needs to be a bit of respect for the tent people too.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank Justin_Dreamz
newtownabbey, Co Antrim,NI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“EXCELLENT!!”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Just reading through the other reviews, I am totally shocked at the negative ones. My husband, I and little son of 7 years booked Kilbroney after recommendations from others friends who go camping with young kids and looking for the cheap and cheerful breaks. We arrive, obviously blown away with the views, the staff were really friendly and explained what was required of us, gave us a map of the site and explained where everything was. We proceeded to choose our own pitch, setup camp while the little one went exploring. I was totally impressed with the site, the cleanliness of the toilets and kitchen facilities, we were there 4 nights and every morning and night we would have seen cleaners taking care of the facilities. The site is just right for excursions out to Kilkeel and Annalong. Our son loved the adventure playground, tennis court and made great use of the amazing park in the grounds. On our last day we de-camped and went for a lovely breakfast in the cafe, it was very clean and the ladies where lovely. We have just booked again for Easter 2012 and we can't wait. I think this wee place is EXCELLENT!!!!!

Visited August 2011