“shoddy service”

Coco's Adventure Playground
Ranked #13 of 27 things to do in Newcastle
Reviewed November 17, 2011

had booked a childrens party for 15+ - all excited about coco the clown coming .... he didnt appear (at least not until after many requests were made) by that time the kids had all dispersed leaving my little girl (6) alone and in tears!!! staff tried to tell me that i had requested no clown when i made the telephone booking (the young lady who was dealing with my enquiry informed me that she had taken the phone call herself)- it made no difference when i explained i had made the booking in person (and re-confirmed the booking in person 1 week prior to party). a poor, poor service - i shall not be hosting a party there again. i shall try 'Funky Monkeys' instead. Coco's is an old building, but is that really a good enough excuse for how dirty it is, not just grubby or dull but DIRTY how run-down the interior is and how drab the decor??? The party rooms are dull, drab and dirty, with paint peeling from the walls and 'old food' lying about from previous parties - try not to have your party booked for an upstairs room - they are freezing!!! many of the childrens gifts are handed in to the staff at the front door - make sure there is no other child with the same name (or indeed pronounciation) having a party on the same day - your child will not receive all their gifts!!!
SAFETY - anyone can walk in of the street, through the play area, party rooms, toilets, anywhere!! you need to be aware of where your child is at all times in this place - as they (the child) can walk out into the street just as easily (perhaps on their own and perhaps not alone - the reception isnt always manned and staff seem to have no interest who is coming into or leaving their premises. SCARY!!!
FOOD - healthy eating options?? i dont think so - they will serve the kids milk to drink (if YOU think to ask for it) otherwise its fizzy - and everything is fried - the chicken (the kids say is inedible), sausages (yuk say the kids) fishfingers ( yuk again) - oh and everything comes with chips of course!!
NO - NEVER AGAIN

4  Thank zeeba30280

Reviewed February 21, 2011

Fantastic place for kids partys or day trips, my son has had a few parties here and we have been taken care of very well. Brilliant play area as I used to play here as a child aswell & love that my kids can enjoy it too. Overall the perfect experience for any child.

Reviewed August 24, 2010

Yes - Coco's a bit of an older building but I still think it is the best indoor play place for kids in NI. Most of the others are far too small for older kids whereas Cocos has plenty for all ages. I have always found the staff very friendly and when my daughter twisted her ankle badly (totally her own fault) they had ice packs to hand and even rang up that night to see how she was.

It is very good value for money and the coffee is great too.

1  Thank mhoey
Reviewed September 2, 2009

I went to Coco's with my daughter and grandson. I was impressed with the variety of areas that the children could play on. My grandson particularly loved the colored balls and the huge slides. A clown came along to entertain the children. Although Coco's is in an older building, I still felt that it had a lot to offer the children.

Reviewed July 31, 2008

Visited with 4 children. Ages ranged from 2 year old to an 8 year old. Found floors very dirty and marked - not good considering children are running around without shoes. Food debris on the floors too which would be a delight for vermin. The only upside is that they have the lighting so low that it's hard to see what's underfoot. I wish I'd brought a change of socks as didn't like putting on their shoes over the socks they'd been running around in.
Partner tripped on a step that didn't have the black/yellow marking on it. He was picked up - but no sign of an accident book anywhere.
I thought security was absolutely terrible. Children could get out of the building very easily. I found one child outside when I was leaving and ended up returning him into the building via receptionist. the response was that she thought he was with us - not sure how though since he was already outside when we were going out. He was trying to get back in but was too little to pull open the door.

5  Thank benjaminb06