“Nice Hotel”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newcastle
Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Newcastle
Reviewed June 14, 2010

We visited the hotel to have a relaxing night away from it all and we found it a nice and quiet place to stay. The rooms are clean but could maybe do with being updated a little. We visited the spa which was gorgeous and the massage was out of this world however the pool area is not as nice as some other hotels with spa facilities. We were due to eat in the hotel but decided to head into Newcastle as there was a wedding on and we could not get a table to wait at in the bar. Overall, the hotel is lovely however we felt it was a little overpriced and we felt as if we were intruding on the wedding party who took over the reception and bar area.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank LauraR4

Reviewed June 14, 2010

Myself and 3 friends went for the spa over night break and it was fantastic. The spa is really nice and the facial was brilliant. Staff were lovely, service for food was really good and the food was high quality. Rooms pretty nice with a spectacular view of the Mourne mountains. Only low point was with the entertainment they had on as it was very loud. But overall experience was great and would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Stayed 3 nights in Burrendale with husband for 25th wedding anniversary. Rooms were large and pleasantly furnished. Bed very comfortable. Heating can be adjusted in room and window can be opened and kept open all night due to being out of town. Rooms on ground floor have been refurbished but to my mind are now too similar to any chain hotel. Hotel lounge very comfortable and has entertainment at weekends. Finbar is amazing!!!!! Ate in Vine restaurant but off Cottage menu - food excellent. Well done Burrendale that you do not limit those on a special offer to a reduced set menu - full marks. Only criticism would be that hotel still has smoking rooms and when we left our room on second floor we were assailed with the smell of cigarettes.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2010

Arrived Tuesday at lunchtime. Booked for 1 night bed, breakfast, evening meal and spa treatment. Excellent lunch in bar with great service - food good and very reasonably priced - selection of sandwiches with coffee - more than generous portion sizes.
Spa treatment - clarins facial with neck, back and shoulder massage was very relaxing and staff very pleasant and helpful - spoke when I spoke but didn't chatter during my treatment which was unrushed and just what I needed . Spa well laid out, clean and relaxing. Bedroom good size, very clean and nicely decorated, same for en suite. Dinner in Vine Restaurant was exquisite - could not fault either meal, scallops, fois gras, filet steak, sea bass all excellent and house red very reasonable at just under £13 per bottle. All staff friendly and professional and extremely helpful. Lounge areas and bars relaxing. Almost felt at home minus the mess, hubby and kids. Have been to 2 other hotels - 1 in Ballymena and 1 in Donegal s for similar break but never returned. Will definitely go back to Burrendale - well done!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 6, 2010

I was told by friends who stayed here to go simply to try the food in the vine restaurant, so we booked in on saturday night as soon as we arrived.wow we thought we were in a lush london restaurant when are food was served, i had the crab tian it was like a picture in a cook book and the flavours matched, my friend had the scallops which she loved. the mains courses looked like a work of art and tasted devine, we loved the choice of seafood on the menu and the freshness of the food was clear to see. I,ve never took time out to write a review for any place before, well done to the head chef of the burrendale for putting the effort in to deliver such amazing food which you never seem to get when dining in hotels, can't wait to go again soon to try other dishes on menu and hopfully get a chance to meet the head chef. thanks to all the staff at the burrendale" we'll be back"

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2010

We stayed on Easter Tuesday the staff very helpful as we had to change bookings around for my parents and was able to pre book later in the years thanks for that gesture. The dinner was beautiful steaks great., and breakfast. MANY THANKS.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank leahCoDown
Reviewed March 19, 2010

Stayed as part of a 3 4 2 night deal incl 1 dinner. When booking, the reciptionist dealt with my many questions and was friendly. The room we were booked into was spacious, quiet and clean - ideal for being 28 weeks pregnant. The stay started off very well and I was really enjoying myself, however on the 1st night after dinner I awoke feeling sick and proceeded to get sick for the rest of the night and into the next day, I couldn't even hold down water. Being a vegterian and having food posioning once before many years ago, I need what was happening. I didnt want to make a big deal out of it, so when I happened to come across the manager a day later, I mentioned it to him, he was out of sync with my experience of the staff thus far, he was dimissive and told me it couldn't have been food poisioing since it took at least 12 or 24 hours to develop - this is not true (vomitting only food poisioning can happen very quickly and one cause is from rice - which I had); I knew this from previous experience plus I had phoned my GP as I was extremely weak and worried it would have an impact on pregnancy - she thought it was likely to be the rice too. Anyhow, the food poisioning and the attitude of the manager did put a dampener on the experience and it left me a whole day in bed and too weak to enjoy the stay. If you have no cause for speaking to the manager, then your likely to have a good stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newcastle
Donard Hotel
Slieve Donard Resort and Spa
The Mourne Lodge
The Mourne Lodge
#1 of 7 in Kilkeel

Been to Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa? Share your experiences!