We visited the hotel to have a relaxing night away from it all and we found it a nice and quiet place to stay. The rooms are clean but could maybe do with being updated a little. We visited the spa which was gorgeous and the massage was out of this world however the pool area is not as nice as some other hotels with spa facilities. We were due to eat in the hotel but decided to head into Newcastle as there was a wedding on and we could not get a table to wait at in the bar. Overall, the hotel is lovely however we felt it was a little overpriced and we felt as if we were intruding on the wedding party who took over the reception and bar area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northern Irelands latest 4 Star Hotel, located just 45 minutes from Belfast or Newry, 90 minutes from Dublin and a 10 minute walk from the seaside town of Newcastle, The Burrendale Hotel is within an easy distance, making it the ideal destination for your holiday in Ireland. Our friendly staff, bright, airy rooms and great food along with spectacular views over the Mourne Mountains make the perfect combination for your stay at the Burrendale Hotel to be one to remember. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Burrendale Hotel, Country Club Hotel Newcastle
- Burrendale Hotel, Country Club And Spa
- Burrendale Hotel Newcastle
- Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa Newcastle, Northern Ireland