My boyfriend and I stayed here as a birthday treat last week with my sister and her husband. I was thoroughly impressed by the Burrendale and its amazing staff. The staff (especially Claire, Joanna and the night porter) are magnificently trained. They cater to your every need in a throughly efficient and friendly manner but are never supercilious or fawning. The food was excellent - breakfasts amazing and 4 course evening meal to die for. My boyfriend loved the pool, jacuzzi and steam rooms/saunas.
The bar was reasonably priced (as were the beauty treatments in the spa) and the atmosphere was just lovely. So relaxing and cozy. Yes, the rooms are a little dated compared with recently refurbished hotels like Benedicts and the Fitzwilliam in Belfast but I can have a flat screen plasma and funky wallpaper at home - I go away to relax and enjoy first class service and excellent food, both of which the Burrendale delivers in spades.
The staff were so lovely they even gave my boyfriend a complimentary slice of chocolate cake complete with candle (and a box of matches to light it) to present with at the stroke of midnight on my birthday! We had a slight problem the first night with a noisy air conditioning unit on the roof above our room (we were in a thrid floor Ambassador room) and the staff worked tirelessly to rectify this - they had a man on the roof half the next day sorting it out and were more than apologetic, offering complimentary drinks etc.
The views of the Mourne mountains from our room were amazing and my boyfriend loved the jacuzzi airbath in the room! We will definitely go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northern Irelands latest 4 Star Hotel, located just 45 minutes from Belfast or Newry, 90 minutes from Dublin and a 10 minute walk from the seaside town of Newcastle, The Burrendale Hotel is within an easy distance, making it the ideal destination for your holiday in Ireland. Our friendly staff, bright, airy rooms and great food along with spectacular views over the Mourne Mountains make the perfect combination for your stay at the Burrendale Hotel to be one to remember. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Burrendale Hotel, Country Club And Spa
- Burrendale Hotel, Country Club Hotel Newcastle
- Burrendale Hotel Newcastle
- Burrendale Hotel, Country Club & Spa Newcastle, Northern Ireland